Do Gurley owners have to bench him this week?

abenjami

He finally showed some life in week 14. 

Then Fisher gets fired. 

They play on the road, on a short week. They don't even know who their interim HC is right now. 

And they're playing one of the toughest fantasy matchups for a RB, Seattle, in Seattle. 

I'm thinking you have to bench him this week and spot start anyone you can get your hands on.

9 hours ago, abenjami said:

He finally showed some life in week 14. 

Then Fisher gets fired. 

They play on the road, on a short week. They don't even know who their interim HC is right now. 

And they're playing one of the toughest fantasy matchups for a RB, Seattle, in Seattle. 

I'm thinking you have to bench him this week and spot start anyone you can get your hands on.

If I'm the interim coach I just run Gurley into the ground.

The last thing I want to do is throw my rookie QB (face of the franchise going forward) to the wolves. Fan's first impression of you is coaching a 3 INT game, no way you want to put that on your resume.

That being said, SEA will know that too and stop Gurley. I'd only do it if I have a decent RB, "anyone you can get your hands on" is a bit of a stretch for me.

27 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

If I'm the interim coach I just run Gurley into the ground.

The last thing I want to do is throw my rookie QB (face of the franchise going forward) to the wolves. Fan's first impression of you is coaching a 3 INT game, no way you want to put that on your resume.

That being said, SEA will know that too and stop Gurley. I'd only do it if I have a decent RB, "anyone you can get your hands on" is a bit of a stretch for me.

Well yeah, not literally anyone you can get your hands on.  I meant more like anyone who is startable in fantasy.

Say you have Kenneth Dixon on your bench.  Do you start him over Gurley?

What about the Farrow guy on the Chargers?

I lucked out in one of my leagues where I have Gurley.  I also have Powell.  So that's an easy decision IMO.

5 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Well yeah, not literally anyone you can get your hands on.  I meant more like anyone who is startable in fantasy.

Say you have Kenneth Dixon on your bench.  Do you start him over Gurley?

What about the Farrow guy on the Chargers?

I lucked out in one of my leagues where I have Gurley.  I also have Powell.  So that's an easy decision IMO.

Ahh, Forte is day to day so ehhh... I'm pissed because I have a feeling both will be used pretty evenly making neither great. Made sure the handcuff the shit outta my guys this time of the year.

But I hear ya, I'd probably just roll with matchups so I guess I would go other guys over Gurley

1 hour ago, Dmeade- said:

I think Farrow would be a decent play over Gurley.

I would think so too but then this morning I read Hillman will probably see more playing time.  Apparently Farrow's pass blocking was terrible and a major issue last weekend.

Archived