Titans 2014 Draft Target "Big Board"

Cyrus

I'd say they could look at an OT in the 2014 draft

They definitely will. Roos and Stewart are getting old, and Otto will be a free agent in 2014. Hopefully Stingily can replace Stewart next year, but they need to draft a LT to succeed Roos.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another few short-profiles added for rush linebackers. I've seen Barr several times, but took the time to really look intently at him last night. Wow! So incredibly explosive and flexible. All the too

I've been extremely busy and outside of watching some prospects late at night on the iPad I haven't had any time to review many prospects lately. Reviewing the quarterbacks has been the most time cons

Paul Kuharsky ‏@PaulKuharskyNFL .@gregcosell on @Midday180: Totally can see scenario where top QBs slide and #Titans will have decision to make.

I'd say they could look at an OT in the 2014 draft

Just a matter of what round I think. If they don't start thinking about it they could struggle to find a starter like they did on the interior. They could also be in a position to draft a running back as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you west coast guys had a chance to watch Brett Hundley very much? He's a RS sophomore so he will be draft eligible. Sounds like he's really starting to turn some heads. I watched a couple minutes of a highlight vid and liked what I saw (of course, highlight videos have a way of doing that). 

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this was interesting. Didn't realize Stewart and Roos have voidable years coming up. 

16. Tennessee Titans: Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee

The Titans upgraded the interior of their line prior to 2013, so it only makes sense to beef up on the edges before 2014. The current starting tackles, Michael Roos and David Stewart, are 30 and 31 years old, respectively. Both have voidable years on their contracts upcoming, too.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/24/2014-nfl-mock-draft-teddy-bridgewater-jadeveon-clowney/?sct=nfl_bf4_a4

• 2 weeks later...

Think it's time to elevate RB pretty high on our needs list for this draft. I say we take one in the first 3 rounds for sure. 

@Jonboy Absolutely agree. Also, it pains me that one of my favorite running backs from last year, Andre Ellington (I believe I gave him a 2nd round grade) has been looking great in Arizona. He was available in the 6th round. The Titans should have picked him over Gooden with the 4th round compensatory pick. (edit: 3rd round compensatory)

@Jonboy Absolutely agree. Also, it pains me that one of my favorite running backs from last year, Andre Ellington (I believe I gave him a 2nd round grade) has been looking great in Arizona. He was available in the 6th round. The Titans should have picked him over Gooden with the 4th round compensatory pick.

Didn't Munch or Webster say they wanted to take one in round 4, but Schwenke fell so they couldn't pass him up?

Didn't Munch or Webster say they wanted to take one in round 4, but Schwenke fell so they couldn't pass him up?

That could have been Jonathan Franklin from UCLA who went in the 4th to the Packers. May have even been Stephan Taylor. There were a lot of running backs that went before Andre Ellington which made no sense to me. It's possible there was an off-field issue, but Ellington was a complete back who had game-speed. Really a shame. 

In no particular order: Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley, Boyd, Carr, Murray, Morris, Mettenberger, Manziel. 

Assuming they all declare, I think that Bridgewater, Mariota and Hundley are all locks for the first round. Boyd could go mid-first, early second. Same case with Derek Carr who will go higher due to his intangibles/character. (Squeaky clean). Manziel is a wildcard. Mettenberger is solidly in the second round, as is Murray. McCarron might be too but he might fall due to surrounding cast, perceptions of being a game-manager. Fales is probably in the third/fourth or later conversation due to a very poor season, but I think it would be smart for a team like the Titans to take him as a back-up. 

If I could do comparisons for some of them while they're being discussed (Passing style - ability, not character/off-field):

Teddy Bridgewater - Philip Rivers

Marcus Mariota - Jake Locker

Brett Hundley - Cam Newton

Tajh Boyd - Vince Young

Derek Carr - Jay Cutler

Aaron Murray - Tony Romo

Stephen Morris - Brandon Weeden...? (difficult comparison)

David Fales  - Tom Brady

• Jonboy unpinned this topic