What will the Titans do when McCarthy gets hurt again?

T-RAC

Yeah you made a thread about that... I remember us having a discussion on this...

You, and I were quick to point out that the drafting of Gooden is for him to be used as a coverage LB in the nickel which would allow us to keep McCarthy off the field so much when he is healthy reducing the risk of him injuring himself again...

Our base defense will be Wimbley, Hill, Casey, Morgan at DL with McCarthy, Ayers, and Brown at LB

Our Nickel will be along the lines of Ayers at DE, Morgan sliding inside, Martin, and Wimbley at DL with Brown, and Gooden at LB... This will help our pass defense, and help keep McCarthy healthy more often than not...

Shortly after we talked about that PK puts out an article about how Gooden will probably be used...

I swear PK comes to this board, steals our ideas, and makes them into his own personal blog like he originally thought it up

That is pretty much verbatim what I said when we drafted him.

We also will have better support from the S spot.  It really sucks against the run when McCarthy gets hurt and there are JV player at MLB and SS. 

I watched a few games recently on nfl rewind and I ended up focusing on Babineaux in run support because his tackling was SO bad. Of course, if the safety is involved that might be telling of other issues, but he was definitely a liability out there.

Fokuo is an upgrade to what they had last season and since we play nickel 60% of the time or more it will put more pressure on Gooden to play. So I do thik they have covered themselves more than they did last season and will probably sign a vet inside backer who is a cut casualty. Really, they just need a run stopper type guy to play in the base only. Gooden gives the some depth if he can learn his assignments in the nickel but we saw Brown do it last season. The Gooden pick was a wise pick because we really needed nickel depth and a Will backup to Brown more than an inside guy who is easier to find as a cut vet.

And bulking up the DT and DE spots will also help in the run game from our base set. That will help keep those running backs from "long dickng it down our throats". After all not having bigger DEs to play for Wimbley was a big part of the problem and Hill is going to be better than Marks or Martin on the inside....hopefully.

Size is overrated if the player can't scrap.

There's still some time. I think they sign a vet backup unless they like Adibi in that role.

They won't re-sign Adibi. Fokou, Gooden, and Shaw are all better options behind McCarthy.

Being small and not being able to "scrap" is even worse.

They spent the entire off season on the issues of running the ball and stopping the run.

That included getting better depth at MLB, signing possibly the best SS in the league at putting down RBs and getting bigger on the DL.

And yes people, the SS is a a big part of stopping the run. Which was the whole point of signing Pollard.

Now let me repeat for those that don't get it. We signed one of the best if not the bet SS against the run in the NFL.

And he is replacing total donkey crap. Even WIlson is a huge upgrade.

I look forward to seeing this.

And yes people, the SS is a a big part of stopping the run.  Which was the whole point of signing Pollard. 

Now let me repeat for those that don't get it.  We signed one of the best if not the bet SS against the run in the NFL. 

And he is replacing total donkey crap.  Even WIlson is a huge upgrade. 

The tackling from the safety position last season was as bad as it gets. It was embarrassing. These two signings will upgrade that area.....

But....I think the real issue is the Titans defense was so bad against the pass they had to compensate leaving themselves extra vulnerable against the run. They could have schemed better to stop the run but it would have exposed their CBs and they would have gotten shredded.

They got bigger at DE to replace KW but on those downs their pass rush will be terrible, their new safeties are also poor in coverage and their CBs need help.

I have to give you credit. Nobody sees the worst in anything and everything like you do. I mean you are a master at digging deep to find the tiny spec of shit at the bottom of the barrel

LOL

Oman baby