Sign in to follow this  
titanruss

2013 nfl draft rumors

more here

titansb_logo.gif Tennessee Titans:

Feb. 28: "Told that #Titans don't seem to be that high on Manti Te'o despite interviewing him at Combine." - Terry McCormick, TitanInsider.com

Jan. 27: It is popular among many to project the Tennessee Titans to take a pass-rushing defensive end with their first-round pick. After speaking with sources with the Titans, they say not so fast. They like the pass-rushing ability of Kamerion Wimbley and Derrick Morgan. They felt that Akeem Ayers will continue to bring more pass rush. Titans sources point out that Ayers had six sacks in the second half of the season after the team started blitzing him. Second-year linebacker Zach Brown also has some blitzing ability. The secondary and offensive line sound like the primary areas of focus for the Titans' offseason additions. - Charlie Campbell

reo   

SS and OG... I'm starting to lean toward Cooper in the 1st actually w/ the thought that even though Warmack is better, w/ the good coaching he'd probably get, Cooper could be even better in the long run and he might have the ability to play multiple positions along the line where as Warmack is what he is.

Edited by reo

SS and OG... I'm starting to lean toward Cooper in the 1st actually w/ the thought that even though Warmack is better, w/ the good coaching he'd probably get, Cooper could be even better in the long run and he might have the ability to play multiple positions along the line where as Warmack is what he is.

i think CB is just as big a need as SS now. My only problem is i'm not sure any pick is a top 10 quality outside of the OG's... and normally OG's arent top 10 types.

reo   

It's possible. I think they need an upgrade over Verner but I think SS play was the bigger issue last year than CB and I think the Wilson signing was a direct indicator that they intend to draft a safety like they've been drafting LBs. They'll consider one in the first but there probably won't be one worthy so they'll probably get one in the 2nd.

OL is still the most obvious pick in the 1st. Might not happen but it would seem to be the most likely at this point.

Edited by reo

Nash   

Cooper is a LG while Warmack is a RG in the NFL.. Drafting Cooper means Hutchinson is released IMO..Signing a RG type FA would make me lean toward Cooper or Long to play LG, with Velasco at Center, and FA at RG

Cooper is a LG while Warmack is a RG in the NFL.. Drafting Cooper means Hutchinson is released IMO..Signing a RG type FA would make me lean toward Cooper or Long to play LG, with Velasco at Center, and FA at RG

Problem is there aren't a lot of C prospects out there in the draft or FA

Schwenke might be the ideal fit and we have talked to him

10 for me is too rich for Cooper. I just can't get behind an interior OL that high no matter how good he can be

But our 2nd round pick is probably not high enough

I'd consider packaging a 2 and 3 to move up to get Cooper late 1

Or a 3 and 4 to move up to take Schwenke

Who knows, maybe they just stay where they are or maybe they can trade down a little bit and take Schwenke

If we can get Levitre and Schwenke, then it's easy configuring our OL. Levitre at LG, Schwenke at C, and Velasco moving to RG

Edited by JLocker10

It's an indication that CB is a top priority.

I don't doubt that

It'd be nice if they can trade down

The real value at CB besides Milliner is in the late 1-2 range

But maybe they take BPA at 10

CB in round 2

Then maybe a trade up using a 3 and a 4 to grab an interior OL or maybe they're able to stay pat and get a Schwenke or someone like that. Maybe Queesenberry.

Edited by JLocker10

Dolphins @123skins and Bucs @13 both need a CB as it currently stands.

Bucs for sure. They gave up 297 passing yards a game and allowed 30 TD. They traded Talib, Barber is a S now, and Wright is a colossal bust. TB might be a team that tries to make a big trade for Milliner. Or maybe even Revis.

Not sure what MIA does. Their main focus to me should be getting Tannehill more weapons, but maybe they take care of that in FA. Still, I'd consider a WR if I were them even if they do sign Jennings. They have a lot of picks because of the V Davis and B Marshall trades. We'll see what happens with Sean Smith.

Edited by JLocker10

chef   

Bucs for sure. They gave up 297 passing yards a game and allowed 30 TD. They traded Talib, Barber is a S now, and Wright is a colossal bust. TB might be a team that tries to make a big trade for Milliner. Or maybe even Revis.

Not sure what MIA does. Their main focus to me should be getting Tannehill more weapons, but maybe they take care of that in FA. Still, I'd consider a WR if I were them even if they do sign Jennings. They have a lot of picks because of the V Davis and B Marshall trades. We'll see what happens with Sean Smith.

Been thinking along those lines. I'm not sold on Millner, but I am hoping he is on the board at 10 since he as the likely top CB might represent the biggest carrot for us to find a suitor to trade up to 10.

The tough part is I'm just not seeing night and day between the top 10 and the next 15 or so in this draft. More like dusk and dawn. The winning drafters on the whole will be less about finding a massive impact player and more about the right cog for their system (though that is true to a large extent every year).