2013 NFL Combine

Cyrus

I think that Bray will go in the second round but has first round physical tools. I'm not very surprised by his quiet demeanor now at all. You have to know California but this guy came from a very small town (Kingsburg High School). It's basically a rural farm town.

Maybe going to a big time school and all the glamour of being an SEC QB went to his head. The question is whether he's mature enough or capable of growing into a mature NFL QB. Impossible for me to know, but I wouldn't rule it out.

He compares almost directly with Glennon - except Bray, on the field, is a much more polished product IMO. If you're interested in taking Glennon, really, what does he do that Bray doesn't do better and more consistently? The only thing is the maturity, lackluster W/L record, and rumored off the field stuff. How much is it being overblown, how many of his poor showings tie directly to the bad coaching/defense, and how much of all that is linked directly to the sinking ship that was the UT program under the Dooley regime?

The fact of the matter is Bray is probably the most talented passer in this year's class, with a bigger arm than Barkley and a more natural feel for the position than Geno. The fact that Mike Glennons, Ryan Nassibs, and EJ Manuels are being regarded more highly than him stems purely from factors not directly related to the football field.

Edited by Mercalius

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that Bray will go in the second round but has first round physical tools. I'm not very surprised by his quiet demeanor now at all. You have to know California but this guy came from a very sma

Please, enlighten me...how, exactly, do we run a ZBS? I find it difficult to believe there's any philosophy other than Ring-Around-The-Rosey. And if they are actually trying to run a ZBS, they're do

I think we will see a serious run in the 2nd round. I bet we'll see two guys go in the first round (Barkley, Geno Smith). I bet we'll see E.J. Manuel go to the Eagles in the 2nd. Tyler Bray go to the Cardinals in the 2nd. And Ryan Nassib / Glennon / Wilson go somewhere in the 2nd as well.

I hope you are right about Barkley and Smith because that probably means they go before our pick. If I were the Cardinals I'd be all over Bray in the 2nd.

In the end, I think Barkley goes #1 overall to the Chiefs. Geno Smith will likely go to the Bills. (they may trade up). EJ Manuel goes to the Eagles in the 2nd. Bray goes to the Cardinals in the 2nd. Wilson probably goes to the Jaguars in the 2nd. Nassib and Glennon are wildcards.

Cooper is an excellent fit for the Titans. I just doubt they would take him tenth overall because the value isnt there for a guard. Possibility they take him in the second round if he's there but his flexibility to play Center as well could make him go late 1st / early 2nd. Impossible to predict where exactly he goes.

For Warmack, he's just not great in a zone scheme. The best option for him is to get north as quickly as possible in a man block scheme. You're going to run power with Warmack since he's a mauler. The drills exposed a lack of top athleticism as well. Just not a great fit schematically and I don't think he's special enough to go Top 10 anyways.

Please, enlighten me...how, exactly, do we run a ZBS? I find it difficult to believe there's any philosophy other than Ring-Around-The-Rosey. And if they are actually trying to run a ZBS, they're doing an absolutely MISERABLE job at it. For me the entire interior 3 need to be upgraded (I can tolerate Velasco for one more season...maybe), so I think talk of "fit" is bullshit at this point. The fact that our "preferred" starters in those positions are Hutchinson, Velasco/Amano, and Harris wouldn't seem to back up that we don't have the personnel to run a ZBS. Those guys have the footspeed of giant Caterpillar dumptrucks backing up.

Seems to me we have personnel that--AT BEST--are suited to a man-scheme...and, yet, you're trying to tell me we're running a ZBS?! I'm curious to hear how wrong I am...

I'm afraid I don't understand your point. What does the lack of talent on the interior have to do with the system the Titans run? Is the idea that the Titans should take Warmack and change the offensive philosophy around him? (Does anyone think Roos is an ideal guy for that?)

We run a ZBS because that's the identity of the coordinator and theres continuity in the personnel. Just because the Titans 2nd and 3rd string guys aren't great fits doesn't mean that they aren't a ZBS team. Amano, Harris and Roos are typical zone block guys. No one on the Titans save Stewart is really capable of knocking guys off the line of scrimmage and blocking north-south.

Loggains is a Heimerdinger disciple and Dinger coached under Shanahan. I would very surprised if we didn't run a zone system. The issues for the Titans is talent, not the scheme. They've barely drafted any interior lineman in the third to fourth round over the last several years.

I'd be surprised if we went away from the zone scheme too but I do expect them to reduce CJ's reads/options on any given play.

The 2 main thoughts I've been playing around w/ in regards to OL deal more w/ Cooper and the possibility of drafting a LT.

Cooper has been gaining steam w/ me due to his athleticism and ability to play in the ZBS but I'm not sure how much of that is draft/combine hype and how much is rationale.

The thought of drafting a LT is interesting. Roos has fallen off a bit of late. Stewart struggled last year and we like grabbing tackles late and trying to make them into guards. Could we draft a tackle, move Roos to RT and then Stewart to guard? Or would the switch from LT to RT be too drastic in terms of what they ask of each position. I know the RT tends to be more of the power run blocker. It could solve multiple problems though on the OL in that it finds a replacement for Roos, potentially prolongs the career of both Roos and Stewart while also solving the problem of 10 being too soon to get a guard.

Edited by reo

Im worried about Stewarts broken leg, wonder how is doing now. Ive always like Roos but i dunno, i think hes a non factor in the run gam, but hes still a great pass blocker and Even if Stewart is 100% theres no way he fits at guard, hes 6'7", too tall to be a guard. It is interesting we interviewed Joekel though.

Edited by headhunter

Im worried about Stewarts broken leg, wonder how is doing now. Ive always like Roos but i dunno, i think hes a non factor in the run gam, but hes still a great pass blocker and Even if Stewart is 100% theres no way he fits at guard, hes 6'7", too tall to be a guard. It is interesting we interviewed Joekel though.

All good points. It's admittedly all speculation based on the fact that we've talked to a couple tackles.