Mayock says Warmack is #1 player in the draft

JLocker10

Mayock is as good as there is on tv. I thought the brown comment was interesting and probably help us. I felt like since brown was a state wrestling champ that he personally was not allergic to contact. But part of his senior tape showed him not trying to get hurt. I am wondering if there is any way warmack makes it to ten

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take Warmack and control the line of srimmage on offense.

Lol. Mayock did not say Brown would be a bust. Also, if you watched Brown at North Carolina he absolutely ran around blockers and avoided contact. It was a valid observation at the time.

So honest question, is Warmack rated higher than DeCastro was coming out last year? Because this all sounds awfully familiar to me.

I don't believe the Titans will take Warmack at #10. I do, however, think they will target Barrett Jones in the second round. There are no centers available in free agency and from I can tell only 3 guys (Jones, T. Frederick, Schwenke) who fit with the Titans and can play quickly.

If the Titans want a center, they are going to have to take one early because the supply is limited.

Edited by ctm

For the Patterson homers:

NFL Network's Mike Mayock said his "jaw dropped" after studying Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson on tape.

"The one kid I'm really interested in seeing run (at the Combine) is the Patterson kid from Tennessee," said Mayock. "You heard me say earlier I haven't seen any really explosive difference makers (in this draft); This kid's only played one year of Division-I football. And I put the tape on, my jaw dropped. And he's big. ... He's 6-foot-3, 200-plus pounds, and he flies. And he makes people miss all over the field. All I know is his ceiling could be really exciting because he's so darn raw. And I can't wait to see him run."

Yep. Posted that in the Patterson thread.

It all depends on free agency, if Hutch returns, and they sign someone like Levitre..I can't see them drafting Warmack at 10. They can't afford to draft a guy and have him sit for a year, and he would if Hutch returns and they sign a guard in free agency.

It all depends on free agency, if Hutch returns, and they sign someone like Levitre..I can't see them drafting Warmack at 10. They can't afford to draft a guy and have him sit for a year, and he would if Hutch returns and they sign a guard in free agency.

Depends on who they sign. LeVitre can play center for a year.

Barrett Jones won the Remington award and the academic Heisman with a 4.0 GPA, He has played played multiple OL positions including LT. He also specialized in making the OL calls and has solid leadership traits.

The Titans need a young center to build the OL around. Guards are pretty easy to find. A good center is much harder to find. Nick Saban even compared him to Bruce Matthews. If the Titans want a good young center who can lead the OL going forward, this is the guy to get.

So in other words exactly what I have been saying for a long time now and what I have told headhunter all day.

This is the reason why I see the Titans either taking the best player there- Warmack or the most explosive playmaker with Patterson. Patterson seems unlikely simply because he body catches too much- I think.

Warmack fits a need and is pretty well regarded as the best player in the draft. I think there is a very good chance thats our pick.