Mayock says Warmack is #1 player in the draft

JLocker10

Not exactly my point. If LSU wanted to get to McCarron, why not line Mingo far outside Fluker where he might be stressed by speed? Putting Mingo directly over Fluker takes away his physical advantage. That's a matter of alignment, not talent. Now the real issue is that it's because LSU struggled to defend the run. (gave up 7.2 yard per run in that game). Further, despite throwing the ball 27 times, McCarron only had 165 yard passing as the goal was to get the ball out quickly.

That won't happen in the NFL very often. It's an entirely different game at the pro level.

Fluker's advantage is length and latch strength. Once he got his hands on Mingo it's hard for him (or anyone) to separate. But will Fluker be able to play in space against NFL talent? That's the question. I think not and he's going to have to be a right tackle.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take Warmack and control the line of srimmage on offense.

Lol. Mayock did not say Brown would be a bust. Also, if you watched Brown at North Carolina he absolutely ran around blockers and avoided contact. It was a valid observation at the time.

So honest question, is Warmack rated higher than DeCastro was coming out last year? Because this all sounds awfully familiar to me.

i'm fine with waiting until the 2nd or 3rd (or 3rd comp)for a OG/C ... if we get one there, winters is a guy we could target in the 4th/5th to bring in 2 solid young guys. I'm not sure warmack is as good as advertized and 10 looks way to high for cooper.

I just don't know who would be worth of the 10th pick... werner, mingo, ansah i guess... but mingo is too small for us, werner may not be athletic enough to be a true stud, and ansah is a huge project. IMO if you are going after ansah, you may as well target Hunt in the early second instead and get a guy with possibly more physical ability (as well as being able to move inside easily)

I think we go BPA (outside of QB, OLB, RB) in the first and start filling more needs later.

Some discussion today between El Guapo and myself about drafting a future LT, start him at RT this year and move Stewart to RG.. then Take Schwenke in the 4th.. as the backup C/LG for this season..

The depth chart looks like Roos, Hutch, Velasco, Stewart, Johnson or Fisher, Schwenke, Lutui, Stingily ..

What else is there to discuss until FA occurs less than 2 weeks away..

Some discussion today between El Guapo and myself about drafting a future LT, start him at RT this year and move Stewart to RG.. then Take Schwenke in the 4th.. as the backup C/LG for this season..

The depth chart looks like Roos, Hutch, Velasco, Stewart, Johnson or Fisher, Schwenke, Lutui, Stingily ..

What else is there to discuss until FA occurs less than 2 weeks away..

Then draft a new RT next year?

Stewart has been the best player on the OL the past 3 years. Attempting to move him inside just to make room for another Tackle is moronic in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Roos and Stewart are both 30 and have 2 years left under contract.

Stewart has a player option after this season, he could make himself a free agent after this season and if he has a good year I fully expect he would

Roos has a vested option which means if he meets certain criteria could also be a free agent. I'm sure it's based on playing time and he's only ever missed one game.

There is a very real scenario both guys are free after this season.

BTW, Roos is better imo than Stewart and I don't think it's close.

What if we were to trade down in the 1st and then draft Fluker?  He can play RG to start and move to RT if/when we lose Stewart.  Then we just need to extend Roos who is the harder guy to replace anyway.  If Stewart sticks around a few more years we just have to suffer with Fluker dominating people on the inside a little longer.  IMO that is one thing Fluker ha over Warmack and Cooper.  The ability to move out to OT and he wouldn't be a slouch at G either.

I've had the same thought about doing this with Terron Armstead in the 2nd or 3rd