Sign in to follow this  
Mercalius

2013 Senior Bowl Thread

The first practice starts today at 3 P.M on NFL Network. Let's use this thread to discuss the practices and ultimately the game.

Rosters for both teams:

http://www.sbnation....wl-2013-rosters

Weekly schedule:

http://www.seniorbow...3 GAME WEEK.pdf

Some key players to watch for The Titans (North Squad):

Kenjon Barner (RB), Johnathan Franklin (RB), Margus Hunt (DE), Alex Okafor (DE), Eric Fisher (OL), Kyle Long (OL), Justin Pugh (OL), Ricky Wagner (OL), Jordan Poyer (CB), Desmond Trufant (CB), TJ MacDonald (FS)

Some key players to watch for The Titans (South Squad):

Andre Ellington (RB), Mike Gillislee (RB), Ezekial Ansah (DE), Jonathan Jenkins (DT), DJ Fluker (OL), Dallas Thomas (OL), Larry Warford (OL), Bacarri Rambo (FS), Shawn Williams (SS), Robert Lester (SS)

Edited by Mercalius

Cyrus   

I'd also add (Strong schematic fits are bolded):

• RB Robbie Rouse
  • C Braxston Cave
  • DE/DT Datone Jones
  • DT Sylvester Williams
  • DT Kawann Short
  • SS Jonathan Cyprien
  • SS Phillip Thomas
  • WR Quinton Patton
  • WR Terrance Williams
  • DE Malliciah Goodman
  • LB Nico Johnson
  • CB Leon McFadden (Nickel)

Yeah, given our pretty big list of needs in several starting positions (SS, Guard, arguably DE, WR and Corner) and pretty important areas needed in depth (DE, DT, OL, LB, Corner, WR) you could just about copy/paste the whole rosters into areas to keep an eye on, hehe.

I'm most curious to see the line-play of both teams, offense and defense, and to see how versatile some of the OL is. Most of the big-named DE's are mid-first to early 2nd projections, and I'd like to see how they perform against a quality lineup of o-linemen

Edited by Mercalius

Is Ansah the Answer?

I can definitely see him going top 10 come April

He's ranked #18 now on ESPN

If he performs well at the Sr. Bowl and has a strong combine, he'll definitely shoot up

Alex Okafor looking very good. I personally like Datone Jones as a 3rd rounder too. Looks good rushing on the outside and inside. Jones looks like a strongside DE though as far as his size.

klaatu   

I wish we could pick up Warford in 3rd but someone will probably grab him in 2nd round.

The Sideline View@SidelineFB

John Jenkins just bullrushed everything and anything in his way as expected. Kentucky G Larry Warford will not be bull-rushed though. Strong.

Thomas Melton@TMeltonScouting

Warford looked terrific in 1 on 1s. Strong, good hands and mirrored well. Great stuff.

Tony Pauline@TonyPauline

Larry Warford/Kentucky was dominant on 1-on-1. Once he got his hands on opponents game over.

Eric Stoner@ECStoner

4. Larry Warford: Simply put, massive, mauling guards have no business being this athletic or having feet this light.

Edited by klaatu

Found this on Walter Football:

"It is popular among many to project the Tennessee Titans to take a pass-rushing defensive end with their first-round pick. After speaking with sources with the Titans, they say not so fast. They like the pass-rushing ability of Kamerion Wimbley and Derrick Morgan. They felt that Akeem Ayers will continue to bring more pass rush. Titans sources point out that Ayers had six sacks in the second half of the season after the team started blitzing him. Second-year linebacker Zach Brown also has some blitzing ability. The secondary and offensive line sound like the primary areas of focus for the Titans' offseason additions. "

http://www.walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013rumors.php

I know Walter Football is not the best of sources, but it's consistent in what we've been hearing

Not our team, but I liked this tidbit too

"They said the only expectations were wide receiver Titus Young and defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. Sources said Young has to get his head on straight before he gets bounced out of the league. Suh is said to be a diva, jerk and a bad teammate who is disliked."

AvgJoe   

Found this on Walter Football:

"It is popular among many to project the Tennessee Titans to take a pass-rushing defensive end with their first-round pick. After speaking with sources with the Titans, they say not so fast. They like the pass-rushing ability of Kamerion Wimbley and Derrick Morgan. They felt that Akeem Ayers will continue to bring more pass rush. Titans sources point out that Ayers had six sacks in the second half of the season after the team started blitzing him. Second-year linebacker Zach Brown also has some blitzing ability. The secondary and offensive line sound like the primary areas of focus for the Titans' offseason additions. "

http://www.walterfoo...l2013rumors.php

I know Walter Football is not the best of sources, but it's consistent in what we've been hearing

Quite consistent w what I sent you last night. I think right now it would be Johnthan Banks in Rd 1