Are we going to be OK at the CENTER position??

Ali

We'll know after this season. Offensive Line is one of those personnel groups that is so mental that it could be a number of factors. Amano had his time to get adjusted to the position, if he continues to struggle he'll probably be out.

I say yes. Not only do Harris and Ammano have another year under their belt but some of the young guys like Felasco and Mathews showed some potential as well.

I think there is a good chance that Mathews could be a starter sooner rather than later.

I agree. Harris still has a shot to improve but Amano is not going to get any better. He's been one of the worst starting linemen in the league for at least three years. Kreutz would be a nice addition, even if it is only for a couple of years.

IMO, the only very weak spot left on the team is interior o line. Improving that would take my appreciation of this new regime to a whole new level. Unfortunately, I think we are done with noteable off-season acquisitions.

i don't think there's any chance they sign a new center at this point, a guard would've been possible (and move Harris back to center) but there aren't any available that'd be a definite upgrade so we stick w/ what we've got and i think we'll be fine w/ a real QB back there making the calls.

i don't think there's any chance they sign a new center at this point, a guard would've been possible (and move Harris back to center) but there aren't any available that'd be a definite upgrade so we stick w/ what we've got and i think we'll be fine w/ a real QB back there making the calls.

I don't think Vince had anything to do with it. Thats just another excuse people that hate the guy use. Amano sucked just as bad, if not worse, with KFC taking snaps. no matter which position he's played he's been awful and I consider him the biggest roster mismangement currently on the team. He should have been a stop-gap but we gave him top 10 interior oline $$$. If he went anywhere else they would replace him within a year.

But yeah, I agree we will do nothing to improve the spot this year... damn shame.

Archived