garrard should be feeling some pressure

bizzyeddie

No doubt. With all the glowing reports, Garrard is on the hot seat and the season hasn't even started yet. I'd say that DeRio is feeling some heat himself and may feel the pressure to pull the trigger on Gabbert if DG stumbles at all.

Garrard is terribly inconsistent but they're going to have a mess on their hands if they get impatient. Gabbert is probably a great practice QB but the guy never handled pressure well at all (mental or defensive) at Missouri.

Agreed. Although the camp reports are nice, QB has always been the worst to evaluate outside of live action. Too many stories about practice players that fall apart under the pressure. Like Tyson said, "everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth".

I hope the FO was right about Locker. I prefer Gabbert but we will see. It will be doubly painful for whichever rival team ends up on th short end of that stick.

there will be alot of extra sting but the jags can always know they didn't have a choice...we could have taken either one. I'm hoping a long rivalry between the two.

there will be alot of extra sting but the jags can always know they didn't have a choice...we could have taken either one. I'm hoping a long rivalry between the two.

I have never understood the fascination with Gabbert. I have watched him play in person against Iowa State twice, and a few times on tv and have never been impressed. That whole Missouri offense is spread the field and throw a quick 5-10 yard pass. They never throw the ball down field, just throw to a wide open reciever. Chase Daniels was better

Locker may always be working on his consistency. He'll probably always work on his mechanics just like a golfer but there's no doubt that he has the mentality to persevere, to lead and fight to win.

Gabbert looks like an average starter to me. He looks the part but he had poor production in an inflated stat system. He'll always look like Cptn. Checkdown to me.

Locker may always be working on his consistency. He'll probably always work on his mechanics just like a golfer but there's no doubt that he has the mentality to persevere, to lead and fight to win.

Gabbert looks like an average starter to me. He looks the part but he had poor production in an inflated stat system. He'll always look like Cptn. Checkdown to me.

I agree. To be honest I was glad the Titans passed over him, even if it meant taking Locker. Locker at least has more potential.

I thought it was particularly damning when the Redskins bailed on Gabbert as well, especially with their need at the position, Shanny's QB cred, and The Dan's penchant for 1st rd flash. But all that's water under the bridge and it will be go time for both of them soon enough.

Archived