PSN Outage

TitansGuru

LOL at Playstation users. You get what you pay for, or more like what you dont pay for. That said, I hope everything works out for all the accounts and personal information that have been stolen. Apparently its some type of protest by a highly skilled group of hackers (and what some call cyber terrorists). The government and FBI is getting involved, so its looking pretty bad. Last thing I heard is that the network is expected to be down for quite sometime. Its now approaching a month now, right?

XBOX Live is where its at anyway. It may be time for you late-comers to make the move to the better system and online experience and network..

I have both PSN and XBL. There are completely equal IMO except that you have to pay for XBL. I think the quality of streaming video and audio actually may be better on the PSN.

Oh, you'll be paying soon enough. Especially after this. Sony had already talked of a "premium" PSN. This will ensure it.

The psn outage has sucked especially since 99% of my gameplay is online exclusively. This outage could have happened to either PSN or xbox live, the hackers just chose psn for whatever reason.

They went after PSN because Sony subpoenaed the IP's of everyone who viewed the page of a guy who figured out a way to mod what was supposed to be an unmodifiable firmware. The hackers didn't take down the network. They just breached security enough to where Sony took it down to protect their customers. They also were apparently running on unpatched Apache (open-source) servers.

Archived