Fleaflicker league trade

NashvilleNinja

No, a vacated team should not hand wins to some people while having fielded a competitive lineup.

A vacated team should not exist in the first place, either, but that's another matter.

No one has played each other twice, so everyone would have a chance to win.

Its bullshit that some unmanned team could take the playoff spot of someone who remained active.

What if I get beat by the unmanned team with his full healtjy roster and then you play the same team when he has the injury bug and has four guys out? Fuck that.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can't make rule changes in the middle of the season. It's just bad practice, regardless of you alls trade. Now go to my thread and pick two starters please.

Its bullshit that some unmanned team could take the playoff spot of someone who remained active.

What if I get beat by the unmanned team with his full healtjy roster and then you play the same team when he has the injury bug and has four guys out? Fuck that.

you already lost to me... so its all downhill from here :]

Then it sounds like your team should have not sucked.

Exactly, you dont have shit to say.

[insert below "witty" remark passed through wife first!

Honey! Can you review my comeback to CMJ along with my podcast jokes that no one listens to anyway!]

A vacated team should not exist in the first place, either, but that's another matter.

It is not a vacated team. I described what happened out of frustration to how the commissioner handled a trade in which he was involved and rule change proposal that have influence on that trade and at the eve of trade deadlines (coincidence, I think suspect at best but that is for others to decide.) I came back to the team within 10-15 minutes, after simply clicking "leave team" (again out of frustration.)

My mistake was then entertaining my smart-alec side by changing my team and owner name, and posting the simple message, "Hi, I saw this league had a spot so I joined" in order to make people think a stranger had joined (the punch line of my smart alec joke which I would have disclosed by today had I still been in the league - you can't take a joke???) Nashville Ninja saw that action, and as he posted above, he thought the league was hacked (sounds like my practical joke worked???) But I had sent him a private message here, right after it happened telling him it was me playing a joke after my 10 minute round trip return to the league, so he should have or should known fairly quickly about the joke.

He, either because he won't let me or possibly simply because he has been away from his computer today, is the one preventing me from returning to my team (he needs to give me the league password so I can rejoin.) So if you have concerns about the team being unmanned (and of course I do, as it is my team after all and I want to make line-up/free agent changes now) then he is the one to see.

Edited by 9_nines

On situation:

No, what you did was structurally change the nature of the league going from 3 keepers (which is low already), to 2 keepers changing the league from a light keeper league (with 3 keepers) to basically a Frankenstein monster as far as keeper (what is the point of only keeping 2.) And you made this move (proposed vote) right after you propose a trade, that you apparently were not comfortable in doing (and you did propose it - see more below) and you do it right on the eve of trade deadline.

I am active in fantasy football, and I did two major trades moving toward the future, thinking we would have 3 keepers. Now you turn that around (1) again right after you propose and do a trade with me and (2) right at trade deadline so I cannot now change my strategy (for example, I would trade some of my good, but not keeper worthy players for draft picks if only keeping 2 keepers.)

I didn't change anything. No settings had been touched. They were only changes that were proposed for next season, changes that would not be made until after the season. And they wouldn't have been changed without a majority rule. It's like I said, maybe they should've been proposed after the season but I don't think it would have mattered. I think this smear campaign of yours would probably have happened anyway.

As for me proposing the trade "on the eve of the deadline" to supposedly get some kind of advantage? Here is the complete log of the league's trades, at least the ones I've been involved in, from the trade we agreed on all the way back to the first request I got from you (which was the first trade proposal of any kind between you and I):

Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C, Exhibit D (drunk spastic trade request from you) Exhibit E (yet another drunk spastic trade request from you), Exhibit F, Exhibit G

So yeah... people can look at those and make up their own mind about who proposed what and when and whether or not there were any "ulterior motives" on my part. And FYI I've talked about changing the roster reqs. for RB and keepers a couple times before, either here or on the league forum, long before we ever made any trade.

You then come to this forum showing you did not like the trade (and others can read how the trade evolved in the paragraphs above and determine who proposed what) and at the same time, you make a rule change proposal to change keeper # and again, right at eve of trade deadline. Maybe that is coincidence. But it is VERY suspect, especially if others recall that right after the draft, you proposed a whole redo of the draft (I have never seen a commissioner propose canceling a draft after it happens.) So there is a pattern that you make structural changes when you do not like how your team looks. Or was that a coincidence too?

I proposed a redo of the draft because a number of people, not just me, were not happy with the league I'd originally set up on ESPN and the restrictions they place on their eagues. When I moved the league to Fleaflicker a few of us were all asking if we should redraft. I decided against it because, as a group, we just decided to go with what we already had. I was fine either way. So this is just revisionist horseshit.

On not wanting to be in the league:

Yes, I was hesitant to be in the league from the beginning. You asked me to be in it and I said yes, but I am very active in fantasy football and in too many leagues, and I restrict how many leagues I join, so by being in this one, I limited others leagues I joined and a keeper league is a multi-year involvement, so I was hesitant and I figured if you were full and someone else strongly wanted to be in it (I did not know, so asked), I would let that person join in my place (a win-win for everyone.)

I asked a number of people on this forum and you were one of the ones who responded and said you were interested. And then you messaged back and said you weren't interested and asked if I could find someone else to take over your spot. And it kinda went back and forth like that a little with a little bit of "well, if such and such isn't going to be like this, or it's going to be like that, then I'm not really interested" thrown into the mix.

On the league going forward:

I am active and enjoy fantasy football, so after all my time so far in this one, I would want to keep it going (I overreacted after all the above happened for reasons clearly explained above.)

You didn't just overreact. What you've done is engage in a childish smear campaign based on some perception (or deceitful insinuation) that I've tried to give myself an advantage. But guess what? A 4-keeper league would probably help me more than a team like Allen's considering I'm tied for the best record in the league right now with Jamal and Allen's team is like 1-6. But I'm just trying to help myself, right?

And again, I did not really want to do the trade but did it 100% on the fact that we were a 3 keeper league. You seem to not really like the trade either (hence this thread)

If you "didn't really want to" do the trade then why did you do it? And why have you been on my nuts about Stafford and one of my WR's since the season began? If I didn't like the trade I wouldn't have made the trade. What I was was uncomfortable about doing it. That didn't mean that I didn't want to do the trade. I was willing to take a gamble on RG3. I just didn't realize I'd also be taking a gamble on you spazzing out like this after I propose league changes for a future season that had nothing to do with the trade we made. That it somehow affected the strategy you had coming into the league was collateral damage at most.

so in light of 1) you being commissioner and you proposed this trade (by this I mean. a commissioner should be more guarded about trades he does and rule changes, affecting that trade, he does) , 2) you immediately showing remorse of the trade after it was done and 3) you then making structural change proposal to the league that help your side of the trade and weaken mine (again maybe a coincidence but suspect) :

No, a commissioner should be more guarded about who he lets into his league. I should've known the way you wear going on in the ESPN draft room like a teenager who'd just discovered cuss words that you were going to be a problem child.

please reverse the trade and give me RG3 and Reggie Wayne back and go to 2 keepers if that is what you and others want. But do not do all this stuff, right at trade deadlines and right after you propose a trade that has bearing on those decisions. (And give me the password to join today, because I want to make free agent and line-up changes - or if you do not want me to rejoin, let me know, so i can forget about it.)

If I'm such a shit commissioner, who's trying to shaft you and/or others, then why would you even want to be let back into the league? Why would you even care about the league?

Regardless, here's how it's going to be. There are 10 other players in this league and I'm not going to make changes/not make changes just because you like them/don't like them. You're either going to behave like an adult and stop the slandering and the attempts at monopolizing league functionality or you're gone. If you can handle that then I'll let you back in.

As for reversing the trade? I'll get back to you on that...

If Nines is out, NN bench all of his guys. Cupcake matchup for everyone.

A vacated team should not be in the position to win a division.

The team will not be vacant. If it's not Nines then we will find someone else to join the league. But if it's not Nines and we haven't found someone by Sunday morning, before most/all of the players are locked for play, then I will manually set the starters myself. No cupcake matchups. Sorry.

The league is open, Nines. Take over the team if you want it.