Recommend/Oppose A Movie

Stranger

What are some movies that you'd recommend that maybe a lot of others haven't seen? What are some movies you believe no one should see?

Should Watch

Code 46

A futuristic 'Brief Encounter', a love story in which the romance is doomed by genetic incompatibility.

Sort of a low budget movie, in my opinion, but a pretty good movie nonetheless.

Shouldn't Watch

The Fourth Kind

A thriller involving an ongoing unsolved mystery in Alaska, where one town has seen an extraordinary number of unexplained disappearances during the past 40 years and there are accusations of a federal cover up.

I was excited to watch this movie, until at the beginning of the movie it proclaimed the events therein were real. Starts off good and ends with a fizzle.

Feel free to add.

Edited by Mr E S Stranger

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CMJ is too afraid of getting his ass kicked out in public

Just streamed Headhunters on Netflix last night.  Norwegian thriller about a corporate recruiter (headhunter) who steals and sells high-end art to pay for his expensive life.  And of course, a problem

This should be a good movie. From what I've read about this guy, you definitely wouldn't want to be in his cross hairs.  

Watch

Stone

A convicted arsonist looks to manipulate a parole officer into a plan to secure his parole by placing his beautiful wife in the lawman's path.

Strange movie, many may not like it. I'm an Edward Norton fan, so I enjoyed it.

Watch

Kalifornia

A journalist duo go on a tour of serial killer murder sites with two companions, unaware that one of them is a serial killer himself.

This movie was a complete mind fuck. Brad Pitt masterfully played his role of a sociopath. This move is a must see!

Watch

Detachment

A substitute teacher who drifts from classroom to classroom finds a connection to the students and teachers during his latest assignment.

This was one of the better movies I've ever seen. It really hits home about how tough school can be for teachers and students alike in bigger cities. Excellent movie.

Don't watch

The Day The Earth Stood Still

A remake of the 1951 classic sci-fi film about an alien visitor and his giant robot counterpart who visit Earth.

Admittedly I never saw the original, but the previews made this out to be better than it really was. Not one of Keanu Reeves best.

Watch

A Scanner Darkly

An undercover cop in a not-too-distant future becomes involved with a dangerous new drug and begins to lose his own identity as a result.

This was definitely a better role for Reeves. Good movie.

Edited by Mr E S Stranger

The Cabin in the woods is nothing you will expect, I for one watched it and from the previews thought it would be a slashflick, but boy was I wrong. It's a unique movie with so many twists and it's not a horror movie at all. A must watch.

The Cabin in the woods is nothing you will expect, I for one watched it and from the previews thought it would be a slashflick, but boy was I wrong. It's a unique movie with so many twists and it's not a horror movie at all. A must watch.

Guess who co-wrote/produced it.

Joss Whedon

So no surprise if it's good imo.

Edited by reo

Watch

Detachment

A substitute teacher who drifts from classroom to classroom finds a connection to the students and teachers during his latest assignment.

This was one of the better movies I've ever seen. It really hits home about how tough school can be for teachers and students alike in bigger cities. Excellent movie.

Don't watch

The Day The Earth Stood Still

A remake of the 1951 classic sci-fi film about an alien visitor and his giant robot counterpart who visit Earth.

Admittedly I never saw the original, but the previews made this out to be better than it really was. Not one of Keanu Reeves best.

Watch

A Scanner Darkly

An undercover cop in a not-too-distant future becomes involved with a dangerous new drug and begins to lose his own identity as a result.

This was definitely a better role for Reeves. Good movie.

A scanner darkly is another Philip Dick story ( total recall, blade runner). Have not seen it yet.