ESPN keeper league

NashvilleNinja

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally accepted the terms and conditions.. Had to have my legal team look them over...

Three spots left for any who might be interested.

I just gotta wonder... if God made Tim Tebow, then who made Aaron Rodgers?

Gotta allow fractional points because number one it just makes sense and number 2 it mostly prevents ties... though I've seen it.

I agree something like targets shouldn't be included in the system. I also dislike big plays, but cliff vesting points for yardage thresholds are fine with me. An example is 1 pt for 10 yards and an extra 2 points at 75 yards and another 2 at 100 yards. With that said, I'm down with not adding that stuff for the sake of simplicity... just add fractional points.

Also, make sure you are checking balance between positions. Including PPR and points for attempts is fine... just make sure to verify that their inclusion doesn't make RBs score way too much or something. If it does, adjust elsewhere.

Gotta allow fractional points because number one it just makes sense and number 2 it mostly prevents ties... though I've seen it.

I agree something like targets shouldn't be included in the system. I also dislike big plays, but cliff vesting points for yardage thresholds are fine with me. An example is 1 pt for 10 yards and an extra 2 points at 75 yards and another 2 at 100 yards. With that said, I'm down with not adding that stuff for the sake of simplicity... just add fractional points.

I have to. I've seen a couple of near-tears too. Last year in this league I was in these two teams came within 4 tenths of a point of each other... 151.6 - 151.2.

As for the threshold points, I suppose I could take those out. The main reason you'd put those in is in a scenario where one guy's RB gets 99 yards and the other guy's gets 100 yards. But the guy who had 99 yards had more carries than the guy who got 100. So it's like the RB that had a lower YPC avg. wins. But with the threshold at 100 it triggers an extra point so the guy who got to 100 with fewer carries gets rewarded for that. That's the logic behind it, anyway.

Can the flex be a QB?

No, flex is RB/WR/TE only. That's just the way they set it up. You can have two QB starters, but I hate leagues with two or more starting QB's. I'm not too fond of flex's that allow multiple QB's either, so... we prob. wouldn't have that even if it was allowed. Sorry man.

With 12 teams, should we only have 1 RB vs 2 and in eitehr case still haev RB as part of flex position? 12 teams is fairly thin in real players.

I hadn't thought about that... but it makes sense. I'm used to playing with 2 RB, but I usually play in 10 team leagues. Unless people object profusely to it I'll change it to 1 RB starter.

Keep the suggestions coming because nothing is set in stone until the season starts.

Check out the scoring and roster requirements.

On the scoring specifically check out the "misc." and "defense/special teams" scoring system and tell me what possible inconsistencies you see.

On the roster requirements I've lowered the number of starting RB's to 1, though you can still have a second RB starting in the flex spot. I've also lowered the number of each position you can have on your team. Check those to see if they should be lowered a little more.