Who here actually thinks we win more than three games?

Tim

I was a big Fisher fan for years but anyone that actually admired him for years recognize that he was on autopilot the last couple of years.He wasn't even the same coach. So what we have is pretty much a mess. VY was large a part of the problem but that doesn't excuse the hiring of a complete fool like Chuck Cecil and the FO failing big time in key personnel areas of the defense too. There Is zero difference making talent on the defense. Nada . And if locker starts it will get ugly quick. He was drafted totally on potential a few years down the road. He's probably the most unaccomplished college QB I've seen taken in the top ten is 30 years. He has the talent but is far from ready. Combine these with the fact that we should only be favored in a couple of games all year we are looking at our third losing season in a row. This is starting to feel again like the early to mid eighties. IMO expecting anything more than three wins this year is insane blind homerism. The Titans along with the Panthers look to be the laughingstock of the league. Reality sucks.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, Kerry Collins's 0-6 + Vince Young's 8-2 = 8-8

I think you are drinking the wrong kool-aid. CJ alone, if he stays healthy, will grant us three wins; but I think you are totally off on Locker. I was a little upset at first, but now that I have do

At the moment, without any FA signings, I would say 6-10 right now.

We are probably not making a playoff run or even a division run, but we still have alot of talent of this teams that makes us a 4+ win team. Also we have a fairly easy schedule. I am predicting 6-10, but wishing for better. It is possible for us to have a "decent" team this year if we play our cards right in FA and get a few key positions straightened out: QB, SS, and LB.

I was a big Fisher fan for years but anyone that actually admired him for years recognize that he was on autopilot the last couple of years.He wasn't even the same coach. So what we have is pretty much a mess. VY was large a part of the problem but that doesn't excuse the hiring of a complete fool like Chuck Cecil and the FO failing big time in key personnel areas of the defense too. There Is zero difference making talent on the defense. Nada . And if locker starts it will get ugly quick. He was drafted totally on potential a few years down the road. He's probably the most unaccomplished college QB I've seen taken in the top ten is 30 years. He has the talent but is far from ready. Combine these with the fact that we should only be favored in a couple of games all year we are looking at our third losing season in a row. This is starting to feel again like the early to mid eighties. IMO expecting anything more than three wins this year is insane blind homerism. The Titans along with the Panthers look to be the laughingstock of the league. Reality sucks.

I think you are drinking the wrong kool-aid. CJ alone, if he stays healthy, will grant us three wins; but I think you are totally off on Locker. I was a little upset at first, but now that I have done more research on Locker, I would be confident with him starting day 1. I don't think it will be like the Falcons or Jets, but we will hold our own against most of the competition we play against. Also, we do have some play-makers on defense; I think Morgan will be good, Verner should be better with the year of experience, and I think Gray will use Griffin more near the line of scrimmage, which is where is best. Obvious issue at LB, and Hope has to be better/replaced, but it isn't like we are the Lions of three years ago.

I think you are drinking the wrong kool-aid. CJ alone, if he stays healthy, will grant us three wins; but I think you are totally off on Locker. I was a little upset at first, but now that I have done more research on Locker, I would be confident with him starting day 1. I don't think it will be like the Falcons or Jets, but we will hold our own against most of the competition we play against. Also, we do have some play-makers on defense; I think Morgan will be good, Verner should be better with the year of experience, and I think Gray will use Griffin more near the line of scrimmage, which is where is best. Obvious issue at LB, and Hope has to be better/replaced, but it isn't like we are the Lions of three years ago.

We will see I guess. I've watched Locker quite a bit. I have a couple of his games last year on my DVR where he was down right pitiful. He's a great physical talent, but he is as raw as Ahi tuna. At this point, if he doesn't see a wr open he is off and running. He's much more comfortable in a run option offense than a pro style one. He has the talent and intangibles to be good but I wouldn't expect to see It for several years. I'm a fan of Jerry Gray. He will get that turned around eventually. Palmer, not so much.

We'll bring in a vet QB. If it's Hasselbeck, I think we go 8-8. If it's someone who can't really play but is just a backup (so Locker starts), I think we win 5 or 6 games. We still have CJ and some good receivers. If our defense steps up, we could be quite good. The only thing this team desperately needs is good QB play. There are other needs, but none of them as big as that one. If we get even decent QB play, we'll win at least 8 games. This team has more talent than people seem to realize.

I bet you were one of the dumbass injuns that Chief Bongo had dancing around the fire pit screaming PLAYOFFS and MIAMI.

So good to have you back Bubba. How'd you find your way over to this board?