More VY to DC rumors

reo

It is actually a perfect fit for everyone if we could work out a deal to get McNabb and Haynesworth and give up VY. Two players they don't want and they get VY, who we do not want. They also get to jump ahead of teams like the Vikes, Dolphins, and Bills. And let's be honest. If VY is a free agent is he going to go to Washington? No he is going to want to go to the Vikes with Peterson, Harvin and Rice or Miami for the atmosphere and slightly better personel. Washington and the Bills would be a last resort for VY.

Good to see y'all again btw

ugh... hit submit and closed down my browser just to see that there was a "new post" preventing it from being posted just as i clicked the x... now i've got to retype.

I'm sure there are plenty of places where VY would "want" to go but the question is how many teams want him and those teams are probably limited to Miami, Buffalo and possibly Washington.

The problem w/ that trade scenario is do we really want McNabb and AH? Sure, they're trying to get more size on the DL and AH does have size but he's a 1 gap penetrating DT. Are we still looking to do that? I really have no clue but it seems like we might be moving more toward a 2000 Ravens type of front where you've got a bigger DL especially at DT who just take up blockers and let your LBs do the work. If that's the case AH doesn't fit that scheme. He can take a double team but he does it while trying to penetrate a gap so it depends on where they're going w/ the D.

I'm more eh on McNabb. I use to like him but i've heard too many bad things about him and his work ethic to be overly enthused about him. I'd prefer Hasselbeck.

ugh... hit submit and closed down my browser just to see that there was a "new post" preventing it from being posted just as i clicked the x... now i've got to retype.

I'm sure there are plenty of places where VY would "want" to go but the question is how many teams want him and those teams are probably limited to Miami, Buffalo and possibly Washington.

The problem w/ that trade scenario is do we really want McNabb and AH? Sure, they're trying to get more size on the DL and AH does have size but he's a 1 gap penetrating DT. Are we still looking to do that? I really have no clue but it seems like we might be moving more toward a 2000 Ravens type of front where you've got a bigger DL especially at DT who just take up blockers and let your LBs do the work. If that's the case AH doesn't fit that scheme. He can take a double team but he does it while trying to penetrate a gap so it depends on where they're going w/ the D.

I'm more eh on McNabb. I use to like him but i've heard too many bad things about him and his work ethic to be overly enthused about him. I'd prefer Hasselbeck.

I'll see if there is an option to turn this off right now.

EDIT: This should now be fixed. It was an annoying default feature.

I responded to this BS over at the wannabe TOMB. Basically some yahoo reporter for the Sun-Sentinel says that the Dolphins have no interest in VY but that the skins do and it's picked up by all the VY homers as Shanny wanting to bring VY in. I live in Northern VA and there hasn't been one story on Radio, TV, or in print about VY going to the skins. If there was any inkling to this story, the washingtpost would be all over it. The media here in D.C. doesn't play around. Shanny is learning the hardway that he can't control everything out of Redskins Park.

more like "meh" on McNabb. I used to like him until I figured out how overrated he is. Now he's overrated and washed up. Just say no.

The insane Mike Shanahan has crazy man love for John Beck... I listened to the ESPN football podcast as they laughed at the fact Shanahan appears to be planning on going to with Beck as the starter. I'd be shocked if the Skins had any interest in VY unless it was as a back-up.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events ... 263f03c12d

I'd say the Redskins strongest interest is in Andrew Luck.

At this point, I can't even tell who is worse off, us or the Redskins.

We will probably be in the running for Luck, whether we like it or not.

At this point, I can't even tell who is worse off, us or the Redskins.

We will probably be in the running for Luck, whether we like it or not.

I was thinking the same thing. We keep pointing at these other teams yet fail to realize that its likely we'll be picking in the top 5 next Spring.

And thats the dilemma. If we have a shot at Andrew Luck, we have to consider it. But do we actually take him and then try to trade Jake Locker?

(I'll be down.)

I was thinking the same thing. We keep pointing at these other teams yet fail to realize that its likely we'll be picking in the top 5 next Spring.

And thats the dilemma. If we have a shot at Andrew Luck, we have to consider it. But do we actually take him and then try to trade Jake Locker?

(I'll be down.)

Panthers did it with Newton, and Clausen hasn't really had a chance to develop.

I like Locker, but if we have a chance to take Luck next year, we take him.