How about the Falcons trading up to get Julio Jones?

OILERMAN

When you have Roddy White, a legit top 5 NFL WR on your team, WR is far from your biggest need. The Falcons need help on defense first and foremost. They could have used some of the picks the traded to fill those spots and create some depth on defense. Instead, they gave away the farm to fill the #2 WR slot. It makes no sense, whether you are are Jones fan or not.

name another Falcons reciever...

The Falcons literally had two options, run it to Turner or force it to White. They needed a player who can spread the field, take pressure off the entire offense, and turn short passes into long gains. That was their most glaring need on offense and what was stopping their offense from becoming elite. They went out and then something about it...

name another Falcons reciever...

The Falcons literally had two options, run it to Turner or force it to White. They needed a player who can spread the field, take pressure off the entire offense, and turn short passes into long gains. That was their most glaring need on offense and what was stopping their offense from becoming elite. They went out and then something about it...

Exactly...White is not a guy you want getting 100 passes a season, he is big enough to take the abuse (although niether was marvin harrison and ryan reminds me of jughead), Whites yards per catch dropped by 4 yards when he went from catching 88-90 passes to 115... That tells you how defenses played the falcons. They needed a big boy who can be more physical and catch 30-40 balls for them.. That is not to much to ask from Jones. I also think Jones helps the run game as well.. In this league to get big runs you need wrs who can hold blocks... I would love to have had Jones out in front of CJ..

The trade the Falcons pulled off will bite them in the ass big time. They desperately need another DE and some pieces in the Defensive Backfield, yet they sell the farm for a #2 receiver. I like Julio's potential, but if they pulled off that huge of a trade they should have done it for Patrick Peterson

Archived