Who should the Titans keep off their own roster?

OILERMAN

Only if he merits a starter's spot. Otherwise they very well may persue a FA or a let one of the young guys step up.

Not sure what you are getting at because Harris will either start for the Titans or another team. He is likely the Titans #1 target for resigning once FA starts.

Not sure what you are getting at because Harris will either start for the Titans or another team. He is likely the Titans #1 target for resigning once FA starts.

I hope so, hes really the only player I care about them bringing back. I could go either way on Babin/Ball though.

harris gets a bad rep. He suffered from playing next to Amano who was downright terrible last year. I would love to see the team admit their mistake and move Harris back to center where he belongs and then sign the OG from Tampa, his name escapes me at the moment, which would force Amano back to the bench where he should be.

Davin Joseph, who's squeezing Tampa to re-sign core guys before committing there himself. I'm repeating myself here, but I'd get DavJopseph, re-sign Harris and have the 4 guys battle for 3 spots. I think the outcome would be very good for the offense when you consider the Titans runningbacks' cutback abilities, working primarily between the tackles. And nothing helps a new QB or defense more than a serious running game.

amano should have been gone before he signed his contract.

bring in a vet to compete on the interior (i'd bring in two and cut amano)

keep tully

keep ball

keep sarge

release babin

release gage

release hope

release scaife

sign a S, QB, DL, OL

I promise you that he is not the number one priority for FA. There are some much more talented players available in FA and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Titans let Harris walk. Amano isn't great but he is solid. Scott isn't great but he is solid. Harris was terrible. If they were to get a good OG in here to play on the other side, it would make the entire OL look much better. You have two Hall of fame players on the coaching staff. If you don't think they are looking at ways to upgrade the O-line you are kidding yourself.

Harris has shown nothing to merrit the affection he has gotten. All he has ever shown is potential as a physical specimen but EVERY time he has been given an oportunity he has underperformed. WalterFootball.com has him ranked as the 21st best guard available this year in FA. That's only one site and I disagree with a lot of stuff they put out but in this case I think they are spot on.

I don't know if Harris sucks or not, that will be for the coaches to decide. Most people seem to think Amano was the weak link and he's not going anywhere.

And for the record I think they should try and keep Babin. If he gets a monster offer and they can't match it fine but they should make an attempt. They are pretty pitiful at DL.

Harris is a top priority.

:blink:

If Amano is so bad then explain to me why he got that nice new contract and chance to be the centerpiece of the O-line. If he was as bad as some of you say, they would have cut him last year and gone another direction. Amano is unspectacular. He is solid and steady though. Ask yourself what really changed from 09' when they had the best Oline in the league to 10' when they struggled mightily. Yes Amano moved but the only player who was different is Harris.

If Amano is so bad then explain to me why he got that nice new contract and chance to be the centerpiece of the O-line. If he was as bad as some of you say, they would have cut him last year and gone another direction. Amano is unspectacular. He is solid and steady though. Ask yourself what really changed from 09' when they had the best Oline in the league to 10' when they struggled mightily. Yes Amano moved but the only player who was different is Harris.

Mawae was no longer directing blocking assignments. That is the major difference. Amano sucks at center, and Harris is much better there, evidenced by the great job he did two years ago when Mawae was hurt and he took over at center.

I promise you that he is not the number one priority for FA. There are some much more talented players available in FA and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Titans let Harris walk. Amano isn't great but he is solid. Scott isn't great but he is solid. Harris was terrible. If they were to get a good OG in here to play on the other side, it would make the entire OL look much better. You have two Hall of fame players on the coaching staff. If you don't think they are looking at ways to upgrade the O-line you are kidding yourself.

Harris has shown nothing to merrit the affection he has gotten. All he has ever shown is potential as a physical specimen but EVERY time he has been given an oportunity he has underperformed. WalterFootball.com has him ranked as the 21st best guard available this year in FA. That's only one site and I disagree with a lot of stuff they put out but in this case I think they are spot on.

Harris was very good in spot duty for Mawae before being moved to OG last year. Amano was so bad it's kind of hard to really grade Harris. That being said, he is the Titans #1 priority as far as resigning their own players and if you don't believe that, oh well.

Go back and watch the games when he played for Mawae. Also, it's common knowledge that he played most of last year with a fairly significant injury. Harris is way down on the list of problems for the Titans.