1 hour ago, oldschool said:

You would be wrong. Hbo is on record saying they wanted full seasons. D&D are on record saying it was 100% thier decision to cut the episode count to 13 total for seasons 7 & 8. 

OK that addresses the first part, and which I all but conceded, but doesn't address the main point I made. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You think talking down to someone like they're an idiot isn't insulting?

I'm fine disagreeing with someone as long as they're reasonable and not being an antagonistic bunghole.

Uh, Rambo at any given point in any of the films post-First Blood? I'd say he's fully adorned with it. Leia Poppins had on a plot gown at least in TLJ.

Do you think my "talking down" is a response to your tone by use of words like "whining" and the like?  You're mad because other people don't like something to the same degree as you.  I'll chill with the purposeful overreaction unless provoked.  

3 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

OK that addresses the first part, and which I all but conceded, but doesn't address the main point I made. 

Personally I think they were done with the show. I also think they didn't want to box GRRM with the details of the ending, but I also believe they couldn't deliver those details anyways.  Who could?  

The show was fast tracked to the GRRM outline.  I suspect had the books been done, we'd have had a more thorough ending.  

2 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

Do you think my "talking down" is a response to your tone by use of words like "whining" and the like?  You're mad because other people don't like something to the same degree as you.  I'll chill with the purposeful overreaction unless provoked.  

Well, the word I used was whinging, just to keep it within the realm. But do you really think the term "whining" is misplaced when there is a petition online that has been signed by over 1.5 million people wanting season 8 to be remade and even another petition to have Benioff and Weiss removed from the Star Wars films?

9 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Well, the word I used was whinging, just to keep it within the realm. But do you really think the term "whining" is misplaced when there is a petition online that has been signed by over 1.5 million people wanting season 8 to be remade and even another petition to have Benioff and Weiss removed from the Star Wars films?

welcome to the age of the internet and twitter. The fact a bunch of idiots signed a petition doesn't discount the legitimate criticism toward D&D. 

On 5/25/2019 at 8:32 AM, Legaltitan said:

I still maintain the rushed time line did not happen in a vacuum. They say HBO did not pressure them. Ok fine but I doubt there wasn't some pressure. But at the very least I think everyone involved from actors to writers etc were burned out. If nothing else I feel like they limited the last two seasons b3cauwr the major players were totally ready to be done with the show and move on. It is amazing how they were able to hold everyone together for that long as it is. Other than the guy who played the mountain I don't think a single other character had to be replaced with a different actor. That is very remarkable given the huge cast. 

A few fringe characters were replaced.  The only notables I can name are Beric Dondarrion and Daario Naharis...  Less notable, Tommen and Myrcela.

27 minutes ago, MadMax said:

A few fringe characters were replaced.  The only notables I can name are Beric Dondarrion and Daario Naharis...  Less notable, Tommen and Myrcela.

Don't forget when the Red Viper's head was replaced with a watermelon.

And I think Dickon changed actors (thankfully, they kept the name).  

Hell, the second Tommen actor was originally a Lanister cousin in an early season.  

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Dondarrion was replaced? 

Yeah, season 1 Dondarrion had a 10 second scene.