OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

He really is a bitch.  He almost never killed her too.  The past few episodes all you heard from him is "she is our queen"  even though she had  more less revealed herself as a power hungry psycho. 

That's more about the shitty writing than it is about the character. D&D simply dont have the skill to show Jon coming to the realization Dany had to die. They had to force. It's a case of a good plot point constrained by poor character development.

OILERMAN   
8 hours ago, oldschool said:

It was always going to be Jon...

Didn't you say Danny would push herself onto Jon's sword? And wasn't that some prophecy?

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Didn't you say Danny would push herself onto Jon's sword? And wasn't that some prophecy?

I said it was possible as an alternative if Jon couldn't follow through. The main point was that it would be Jon not Arya who did the deed.

OzTitan   

Bran didn't want to be Lord of Winterfell, but did he ever say he didn't want to be a ruler/leader? I guess he was telling everyone the future right there.

Arya's role was kind of weird. I guess riding off on the horse really was her way of letting go after all? she was only in this ep to wrap her story up. Jon was locked up and all but a dead man, and she was sitting there smiling next to Bran like a Lady. lol.

Hard to believe Jon makes it out of the Great Hall alive (surely somebody knows what a howling and screeching dragon might mean?) let alone Kings Landing. Not one of the murderous blood thirsty soldiers willing to take a shot at the man who killed their beloved Queen? lol okay.

It was a nice sentimental episode but will always represent a great fall from grace for a once GOAT TV show. Honestly it felt like a FOX drama by the end of it. Oh well, it's just a TV show, not the end of the world it kind of stank by the end of it.

3 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Actually it occurred to me that even Drogon would have a sense of overkill after having to endlessly torch people for hours on end.

9 hours ago, Rogue said:

I loved.  Fanboyism and all.  Not only an I not upset with out come, they had some great character moments here.  

Bran the King is weird, but I won't complain about the ending they gave.  A fitting end to the show, IMO.

I’m not sure what any of you are even talking about. That was the worst episode of any show I’ve ever seen. Arya beside Jon? Terrible. Jon being hesitant and needing motivation? Terrible. Him being able to see Tyrion to get that motivation? Terrible. Him being alone with Dany and her being ended so easily? Absolutely awful writing. I’m not sure what any of you watched, but that was garbage. 

9 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I knew what had to happen...

It was clear that the only prospects for bringing down Dany was either Jon or Arya. Only Jon was going to get that close.

When he was was leaving Tyrion, Jon wasn’t sure to do it. Then when Tyrion made it clear that Dany would eventually kill Sansa and Arya because they would never kneel, I knew it would be him.

I just wasn’t sure what Drogon would do...

How were you not sure exactly what was going to happen? I’m being a dick, but I’m seriously asking. 

9 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Up until Dany's death it bordered on flat out amazing. Afterwards it was just checking boxes and a lot of fan service.

Starks win everything.

I'm happy enough. Not the ending or final season the whole run deserved, but the last three redeemed the first three a bit. Even with cliches and shortcuts. I think having Dany announce perpetual war and world domination and nobody gets a choice made her 'madness' pretty believable in the end.

What part of any of that was actually believable? If Dany was truly that ruthless she would have immediately offed Jon. Even if you go with the whole she’s doing it out of a strange sense of love for the world to break the wheel viewpoint there’s no chance Jon gets to see Tyrion. And there sure as hell isn’t a chance she’s left totally unguarded by actual soldiers, namely Worm, when she knows Jon is the rightful heir. Pure rubbish. 

8 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I enjoyed it, but don't disagree with anything @Mercalius just posted. They could easily solve Jon's problem by having him choose to go north of his own accord. I actually think he'd want to anyway. But they had to come up with some way to appease Grey Worm. Not sure why he's suddenly happy to bargain anyway.

I'm kinda annoyed Jon didn't become King, but he's probably so broken at this point.

Also, you didn't mentioned the Dothraki. They only listened to Dany. They'd probably be running wild in Westeros murdering and pillaging. Surprised we didn't even get a line in the small council about having to deal with them. Btw, I thought the council screen was great. A wonderful nod to where things started.

These are almost certainly the types of details GRRM will include...if he finishes.

I’ll say this and be done: there isn’t a chance in hell GRRM ends the series anything even resembling that episode. 

24 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’ll say this and be done: there isn’t a chance in hell GRRM ends the series anything even resembling that episode. 

lol. It was his ending; D&D just suck as writers.

Dany arc - 100% this is how GRRM planned her tragic arc to come to conclusion

Jon - While the writers did a horrible job showing Jon come to the realization he had to off Dany the scene in and of itself was perfect. He killed the woman he loved because he finally saw what she had become and that she wasn't going to stop. 

Bran - This one is a little iffy for me but I think it's more about the ideal Bran represents in that he understands the best and worst of humanity which makes him unique in ruling.

Jon part 2 - Even though Jon did the right thing, the lords knew he had to go in order to break the wheel. Again D&D just suck as there was no need to go with the confusing Night's watch crap. Just exile him north and make sure he can't hold title or lands to prevent supporters from propping him up at the rightful heir. I've heard some view R+L=J as pointless now but I would argue otherwise. GRRM hates preordained destiny and in the end he subverts one of Fantasy's most prevalent tropes by having Jon exiled.

Edited by oldschool

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

lol. It was his ending; D&D just suck as writers.

Dany arc - 100% this is how GRRM planned her tragic arc to come to conclusion

Jon - While the writers did a horrible job showing Jon come to the realization he had to off Dany the scene in and of itself was perfect. He killed the woman he loved because he finally saw what she had become and that she wasn't going to stop. 

Bran - This one is a little iffy for me but I think it's more about the ideal Bran represents in that he understands the best and worst of humanity which makes him unique in ruling.

Jon part 2 - Even though Jon did the right thing, the lords knew he had to go in order to break the wheel. Again D&D just suck as there was no need to go with the confusing Night's watch crap. Just exile him north and make sure he can't hold title or lands to prevent supporters from propping him up at the rightful heir. I've heard some view R+L=J as pointless now but I would argue otherwise. GRRM hates preordained destiny and in the end he subverts one of Fantasy's most prevalent tropes by having Jon exiled.

It was just so cringeworthy and forced. Yeah, Dany, after not eating a bit at Dragonstone before she realizes Jon is the rightful heir, has a single guard, Drogon. Yeah that makes all the world of sense. 

It was pitiful how bad they played it out. I’ll go back and rewatch it. The first 15 minutes were powerful. The line with Jon was so bad it ruined the entirety of the show in my opinion. Like damn, you have to be convinced of what after walking through that kind of wreckage and then watching her commander at arms ruthlessly slitting people’s throats? That is only to go onto once again say there’s no chance he actually gets to see Tyrion. If he does she knows about it and immediately puts him to death as conspiring with the enemy.