OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

Jonboy   

I enjoyed it, but don't disagree with anything @Mercalius just posted. They could easily solve Jon's problem by having him choose to go north of his own accord. I actually think he'd want to anyway. But they had to come up with some way to appease Grey Worm. Not sure why he's suddenly happy to bargain anyway.

I'm kinda annoyed Jon didn't become King, but he's probably so broken at this point.

Also, you didn't mentioned the Dothraki. They only listened to Dany. They'd probably be running wild in Westeros murdering and pillaging. Surprised we didn't even get a line in the small council about having to deal with them. Btw, I thought the council screen was great. A wonderful nod to where things started.

These are almost certainly the types of details GRRM will include...if he finishes.

9 Nines   
1 minute ago, TitansFan777 said:

The Pompeiian gladiator killed Han Solo’s GF and dark Phoenix got everything she wanted. 

I have not watched it closely enough to know those characters. 

7 year old thread with nearly 7k comments and the finale ended a little over an hour ago and there’s been like 50-60 comments about it?  Basically sums it up.  I defended this show for three seasons as the complaints and criticisms piled up hoping they’d nail the landing.  I bit my tongue for a long time and focused on the good, as few and far between as it’s been lately, knowing the complaints were correct but still feeling loyalty to what it once was. They just needed an ending I could get behind.  Just nail this one thing. It doesn’t have to be a feel good ending.  Just make it make sense and bring everything together.  Just end it in a way that’s “bittersweet” but logical and rekindles some of the excitement from previous season finales.   They didn’t.  Clearly.  Folks were right to start burning it down.  Good luck with fucking up Star Wars worse than it already is.  I’m sure they’ll find a way.   

Edited by Mercalius

5 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Congrats to D&D for having a once murdered but resurrected character from royal blood from two of the most revered Houses in the lore birthed from a secret wedding, whose union even in secret tore apart the very fabric of the lands’ political and social stability finally do what a write-off wine salesman/assassin would’ve done in season one if it weren’t for a turncoat with a boner of gold.  

Eh. It was what it was.... I am shocked at how many people have wanted to see more character development on Dany turning into a bloodthirsty tyrant, I thought that was the one thing they truly nailed to a T the past few seasons and especially episodes

Edited by wiscotitansfan

19 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Eh. It was what it was.... I am shocked at how many people have wanted to see more character development on Dany turning into a bloodthirsty tyrant, I thought that was the one thing they truly nailed to a T the past few seasons and especially episodes

A lot of people were blinded by their love of Daenerys. It's why a lot of her fans are calling her rogue turn trash writing.... even though it's likely one of the main beats that GRRM shared with Benioff & Weiss.

Hahahahahaha......holy fucking hokey shit. I guess the joke's really on me for watching and giving this entire series a shit-ton of my time. A few fun thoughts:

Jon Snow is a little bitch----he's Dany's bitch. He couldn't stand up to her and had to knife her in an embrace without even telling her why. He's also greyworm's bitch----greyworm visually cucked him multiple times. Half of this fucking episode was Jon walking around with emo-face.

Dany is a fucking moron. She only has Drogon protecting her outside? Drogon would allow anyone to walk in that he trusted. Who's the most likely to kill you in such a vulnerable moment.....yeah. Why wouldn't you have greyworm just lurking in the shadows, or literally any of the thousands of Unsullied or Dothraki?

Drogon is a genius, emo-kid dragon! So, Jon Snow kills his mother. Drogon sees Snow and seems to understand that he did it. He then throws a teenage hissy fit just burning everything EXCEPT for the fuckboy who murdered his mother. Hell, this fucking dragon specifically burns down the iron throne like he knew what it was the entire time! Amazing!

Tyrion can't seem to kill himself. This fucking guy must have a midget horseshoe inside his midget ass. He's been imprisoned multiple times for treason and has been in multiple precarious situations, yet escapes them each time. What luck for a man that can't ride the fucking teacups!

It was actually funny when Sansa told her uncle to sit down like a little bitch.....he must share some Jon Snow DNA.

Greyworm actually also seems to be revealed by the masterful writing duo as a baby back bitch as well. Despite his entire character development up to this point and wanting to kill anyone who says a negative word to Dany, he's actually cool with letting Jon live at the wall after coldly murdering his leader. Also, he has one more chance to shank Jon from the ship as Jon's making the walk out of town. He does JACK FUCKING SHIT. Apparently, the love of this guy's life was murdered. The queen that he swore an oath to protect is murdered immediately after he has just become her master of war. So, you'd think that a man with zero left to live for would do anything to murder the traitor that killed his entire reason for living after watching the death of his cherished Missandei. WRONG....apparently island life beats enforcing the "justice" code that he's lived with his entire life.

The best part of this episode was seeing Bronn fucking with everyone at the table while being named the Master of Coin! Bronn's the best thing about this shitshow and it was nice to see him prioritizing whorehouses over war ships.

Fuck Samwell Tarly. Fuck the show for scaring me into thinking that he'd be credited with creating democracy. I chortled when everyone laughed in his stupid fucking face.

Apparently the Faceless God gives no fucks about the outcome of the seven kingdoms. He's, apparently, cool with kicking it in his Buffalo Bill-esque face chamber.

Bran as king? k.....fucking idiots. This was the dimwitted, unoriginal, piece of shit twist that we've become accustomed to with D&D. Why does he have to stare around like a fucking mongoloid the entire time? Does becoming the three-eyed raven automatically give you an autistic personality? Why in the fuck is everything he says so goddamn vague? Fuck that limp-legged Imp.

Arya's future is to wander around past Westeros? D&D deserve "needle" to wander around in their carotid artery's.

Sansa gets to be queen of people who are tired of bowing to kings/queens? Ok.....atleast she was hot as fuck in this episode. She had been looking meh....most of this season, but goddamn! power gives her a glow!

Tonight was a win for the fan-fiction emo crowd. You cutters who get off on seeing Jon Snow touch Ghost got to shed a few tears tonight. There were multiple embarrassingly corny moments within this episode. I'm surprised when Brienne was writing the legacy of her hymen-buster, that the writers didn't have a tear fall on the page as she closed the book.

Just thinking now, I don't really understand the physics of Jamie and Cersei getting crushed by thousands of bricks and their dead body's being found only a brick or two deep in the pile.

I thought that the Dothraki were complete savages who were also devoted to Dany? Goddamn D&D are morons.

More shit will come to me, but I'm glad it's over. After seeing the writing, I can see why HBO were ready to end this fucking thing already.

2 hours ago, WG53 said:

Sansa: Sit down uncle!

I thought she was talking to me :(

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I suspect Bran was willing to be King because he knows what other people would do with the crown.

He probably would want to make sure he knew where Drogon would end up and make sure he doesn’t get into trouble. We know he headed East. Maybe towards Valarya?

Does it really matter? We've already learned that Bran can fucking time travel and do things to alter the future anyway, so why would he give a shit who got the crown?

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

There was one scene that was amazingly cinematic. Right before her Hitleresque conquer the world speech, Dany comes walking out of the remains of the Red Keep with Drogon directly behind her. He spreads his wings and it looks like Dany, in her black leather outfit, has truly become the dragon herself.

Come on, SK. I love you, but don't fall for these hokey moments. The finale up until Dany's death was well done, but inevitably turned to shit. The hokey moments are sprinkled in so that super-fans can catch feels and be distracted from the overwhelming flaws.

I liked it up until post Dany death. Not mad that she died, that was expected. But everything after was a joke. Especially Sansa and Bron. Sansa is a brat/bitch and Bron only makes sense if you REAAAALLY reach for it. 

Why do the Wildlings have to go beyond the wall again?  Isn’t the north mostly empty now?  They raided south of the wall for food, and now its open. Lame writing to give Sansa a bullshit crown. 

I’d be fine with Sansa’s Crown if others also became independent. 

She whined about being independent for 1,000s of years. Guess what. So was everyone else. Fucking stupid. 

Arya’s story was a riff on another character from the Fire and Blood book. But that’s fine. 

Either way im glad it’s over. 

31 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Yeah, and I think Tyrion explained it pretty nicely to Jon in his cell. She was cheered for killing the people she killed in a Essos and got it into her head that she was right about killing anyone who opposed her because she was the great liberator.

53 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

LOL...do we really want to bring up the Azor Ahai prophecy as an area that D&D were clever? Because, they bungled the fuck out of it. If anything, this Jon/Dany event was a last-minute copout to attempt an explanation for that storyline. But, more likely, I'd guess D&D realized none of this and it was a simple fucking coincidence.