OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

Justafan   
7 hours ago, oldschool said:

They have a lot of options. The key is how do they deal with Drogon. I don't think it matters who kills Dany as long as they get the dragon right. I still believe it has to be Jon. The only thing that gives me pause is GRRM's disdain for preordained heroes but he's already gone against that with Jon and the whole R+L=J arc.

Your example just highlights what I'm talking about.  Because GRRM has a disdain for preordained heroes, many fans would be disappointed with the "predictable" ending.  If it's not Jon then fans will complain that the setup and resurrection were all for nothing.  

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

Game Of Thrones’ Showrunners Disappointed With How Quality Of Fans Has Dropped Off Over Past Couple Seasons

Saying their once-beloved viewers have lost much of their luster in recent years, Game Of Thrones showrunners D.B. Weiss and David Benioff acknowledged Friday they have been frustrated with the way fans of the HBO series have declined in quality over the past few seasons. “During the show’s first couple of years, our viewers showed a lot of promise and challenged our assumptions about what a fan base could be,” Benioff told reporters, lamenting the fact that when Game Of Thrones moved past George R.R. Martin’s original source material, the show’s supporters began to lose coherence and now barely resemble the industry-defining audience they once were. “At this point, however, they’ve become a tired cliché. It’s hard to watch them lose everything that made us love them in the first place. Nothing they do makes any sense anymore, and it just seems like they want the show to be over with as quickly as possible. It’s pretty sad, to be honest.” At press time, Benioff and Weiss expressed regret that they failed to do more to prevent the fans from becoming so unbelievably shitty.

https://entertainment.theonion.com/game-of-thrones-showrunners-disappointed-with-how-qua-1834843021

For the Onion, that’s pretty “meh.”

Jonboy   
23 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I'll still go with Arya killing Danny 

One cool theory I heard is that Arya kills her, but Jon catches her in the act and takes the blame instead.

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

Your example just highlights what I'm talking about.  Because GRRM has a disdain for preordained heroes, many fans would be disappointed with the "predictable" ending.  If it's not Jon then fans will complain that the setup and resurrection were all for nothing.  

I doubt he would assassinate his own hero though. He wouldnt do it just to give the fans a middle finger.

OILERMAN   
1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

One cool theory I heard is that Arya kills her, but Jon catches her in the act and takes the blame instead.

At this point he'd be taking the credit, not blame!(Like Ned against Ser Arthur Dayne!)

reo   
3 hours ago, Justafan said:

I think the fans will pretty much accept whatever happens if it's done well and makes sense. 

That just hasn't been how they've been doing things.

Fair warning I haven't kept up with the convo. 

Watched the episode again last night. There is zero chance imo that Arya kills her. They made it very very clear that she has changed and her killing days are over. Not just her thanking sandor for turning her away from her life of revenge, but the scene with the horse where she is calming it in the midst of chaos. And even before that where she is so focused on saving that mother and her child, and the pain when she sees they are dead. Arya is done with the life of the sword. If she makes the kill then that will truly be very shitty writing. 

17 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Watched the episode again last night. There is zero chance imo that Arya kills her. They made it very very clear that she has changed and her killing days are over. Not just her thanking sandor for turning her away from her life of revenge, but the scene with the horse where she is calming it in the midst of chaos. And even before that where she is so focused on saving that mother and her child, and the pain when she sees they are dead. Arya is done with the life of the sword. If she makes the kill then that will truly be very shitty writing. 

I don’t think Sandor's speech meant her killing days were over. Just that her days of living for her list of names is over.

That doesn’t necessarily mean she wouldn’t kill Dany for destroying Kings Landing. Arya will probably blame her for the death and destruction she was trapped in the middle of.

39 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I don’t think Sandor's speech meant her killing days were over. Just that her days of living for her list of names is over.

That doesn’t necessarily mean she wouldn’t kill Dany for destroying Kings Landing. Arya will probably blame her for the death and destruction she was trapped in the middle of.

IMO the imagery could not have been stronger that she was done with killing. Felt like I was being beat over the head with it. 

24 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

IMO the imagery could not have been stronger that she was done with killing. Felt like I was being beat over the head with it. 

No, I think it was just about their “list of names” approach. Both of them had a list that they fixated on. Sandor’s just happened to be limited to 1 name. 

He didn’t stop her from killing. He only stopped her from throwing her life away in the process. 

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

She might be done killing for her original (list) reasons.

But if she's around and should someone threaten Jon's life, I think she'd embrace her skills and put them to use on his behalf without reservation.

OILERMAN   
4 hours ago, Legaltitan said: