OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

I caught up to episode 5 of season 7, so I have seen all seasons and episodes to date.   Season 7 was very good.   This season is horrible.  It is rushed with no attention to the latest developments.  Most of the remaining characters have become unlikeable. 

Edited by 9 Nines

GOT is getting slammed.

https://qz.com/quartzy/1618479/data-show-game-of-thrones-is-taking-a-historic-critical-nosedive/?utm_source=YPH_link_1

The most disappointing TV seasons, according to IMDB ratings.  GOT makes the list.  BS

^^There's a list of top show declines.  IMO, GOT the tv series was magical in presenting GRRM's books.  The problem is the s.o.b. didn't finish them.  They did great until they left his writings.  They are not the minds who created the story and wrote the books, so they did things like kill Jon and bring him back from the dead.  No big deal, except they reinserted him back into the main story as a leading character.  That changes everything and too much.  Jon was my second favorite character, but like Ned Martin's mind held more, could create more.  Nobody quit reading the books because Jon died.

Imagine is you were reading the Dark Tower series and someone other than Stephen King(my fav) created the ending, or you watched a series that didn't include Blane The Train.  What if Tolkien's work was finished by another mind.  What about J.K.Rolling?  These stories are alive and they never really end, they just finish.  

It's entertaining and I plan to continue to watch.  If you like the series, you owe it to yourself to read the first books.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

want to bet?

Yeah sure. .. unless you’ve read the freefolk spoilers!! Haha 

jon is dead in the books. Martin outlined the ending of the show. I don’t think he’d ever keep job as the winner. Dany needs to die to have any sort of bittersweet ending. 

Arya is going to kill someone. It wont  mean much if it’s just greyworm. What’s the whole point of the horse scene? 

I could see a scenario where Jon wins but turns down the throne and gives it to Sansa / Tyrion and moves up to live with the free folk - even though he hates the north weather. 

11 minutes ago, Rogue said:

My wife found an article that said the cast has confirmed Jaime is still alive.  Not sure the validity of the article, but it would be like D and D to have the Red Keep fall on him only to live.  

I could see his body being found as a reason to get Tyrion In trouble 

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

GOT is getting slammed.

https://qz.com/quartzy/1618479/data-show-game-of-thrones-is-taking-a-historic-critical-nosedive/?utm_source=YPH_link_1

The most disappointing TV seasons, according to IMDB ratings.  GOT makes the list.  BS

^^There's a list of top show declines.  IMO, GOT the tv series was magical in presenting GRRM's books.  The problem is the s.o.b. didn't finish them.  They did great until they left his writings.  They are not the minds who created the story and wrote the books, so they did things like kill Jon and bring him back from the dead.  No big deal, except they reinserted him back into the main story as a leading character.  That changes everything and too much.  Jon was my second favorite character, but like Ned Martin's mind held more, could create more.  Nobody quit reading the books because Jon died.

Imagine is you were reading the Dark Tower series and someone other than Stephen King(my fav) created the ending, or you watched a series that didn't include Blane The Train.  What if Tolkien's work was finished by another mind.  What about J.K.Rolling?  These stories are alive and they never really end, they just finish.  

It's entertaining and I plan to continue to watch.  If you like the series, you owe it to yourself to read the first books.

I'm convinced they have the main points, and just not enough deeper story points to fill in more episodes to better develop story arcs. 

Had they had actual material to work with, the last two seasons could have been full. 

Makes me wonder if they didn't attempt it because they couldn't muster it up themselves, or if they intentionally left holes so that GRRM wouldn't feel to boxed in.

Not that I'm particularly trying to give them a benefit of a doubt after the abortion of getting a dragon beyond the wall, but I can see the possibility of them purposely just hitting the bullet points to give GRRM, the ability to add the details for himself.....assuming he ever does.

Just now, titanruss said:

I could see his body being found as a reason to get Tyrion In trouble 

I would imagine she would know the prisoner escaped, with Tyrion being the last known to have seen him 

5 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I would imagine she would know the prisoner escaped, with Tyrion being the last known to have seen him 

Yeah that’s what I mean

4 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Yeah sure. .. unless you’ve read the freefolk spoilers!! Haha 

jon is dead in the books. Martin outlined the ending of the show. I don’t think he’d ever keep job as the winner. Dany needs to die to have any sort of bittersweet ending. 

Arya is going to kill someone. It wont  mean much if it’s just greyworm. What’s the whole point of the horse scene? 

I could see a scenario where Jon wins but turns down the throne and gives it to Sansa / Tyrion and moves up to live with the free folk - even though he hates the north weather. 

Arya, and to a lesser degree Tyrion, are the only two I can see getting close enough to kill her.  Jon could be weaponless in a guarded room, but I just don't see a real way for him to make the kill.  

I doubt they give Arya the NK kill and Dany's, so???????

I would be satisfied with Tyrion on what's left of the throne, but I'm not sure how that would even play out, much less the people being behind another Lanister rule.  Jon's army can't beat Drogon, much less the rest of Dany's army, so assassination is all that's left. 

I guess Dany could off herself, but they'd have to knock that out of the park. 

In conclusion, I have no idea what the hell is going to happen.

Bronn could do it, and presumably he should show up in the finale, but he has no incentive to kill Dany if she is his only chance of getting himself a castle.

15 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Bronn could do it, and presumably he should show up in the finale, but he has no incentive to kill Dany if she is his only chance of getting himself a castle.

I have no idea how Bron gets close to Dany, unguarded.  And I don't see him as on a suicide mission.  That said, he wants Tyrion alive.  They'd really have to go out of their way to make this believable.