OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

Justafan   
7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Hey, I ain't saying nuttin.  Just if millions believe the 2000 year old Jesus coming back to be king, why not Ned?  Ned, who started the whole book series by slicing off the head of an innocent man.  Hero Ned.

The guy was a deserter.  He wasn't innocent, even if he was telling the truth.  

10 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Seems like Jon and Grey Worm are going to come to a head after the looks Grey Worm was giving Jon when he held back.

Someone will likely have to kill Dany. Not sure exactly how they plan to eliminate Drogon unless he is going to bond with Jon somehow (or already has to some extent).

Tyrion is certainly in danger from Dany now, but I don’t tend to think he will die. I don’t see her trying to execute Davos for helping Jamie because I think she would only blame Tyrion.

I don’t like the Jon's army's odds against Dany's, but assuming Varys got his message out then I guess armies from Dorne, the Stormlands, and the Riverlands could show up to turn the tide. Maybe the Reach if Sam could rally whatever forces are left there under his father's name.

There’s also what’s left of the iron islands and the free folk. 

13 minutes ago, titanruss said:

There’s also what’s left of the iron islands and the free folk. 

The free folk are gone beyond the Wall.

Yara could bring the Ironborn into the fight but she pledged herself to Dany and probably doesn’t give a shit about Jon being the rightful heir.

Number9   
24 minutes ago, Justafan said:

The guy was a deserter.  He wasn't innocent, even if he was telling the truth.  

The guy was scared out of his wits, running for his life.  That's what he was.  Just like all the troops running back to the castle trying to get the hell away from the dead.  

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

The free folk are gone beyond the Wall.

Yara could bring the Ironborn into the fight but she pledged herself to Dany and probably doesn’t give a shit about Jon being the rightful heir.

The wall has no meaning. 

Forgot about the second part. .. but she’s definitely closer to the starks. 

2 minutes ago, titanruss said:

The wall has no meaning. 

The Wall is still there. And Varys had no way to contact the wildlings.

2 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Forgot about the second part. .. but she’s definitely closer to the starks. 

How is she closer to the Starks? Geographically maybe...

Yara is most certainly not closer to the Starks in any other way. She has no connection to them at all. She made a deal with Dany for independence. She isn’t Theon who grew up with the Starks. And if anything, the Starks led the fight that killed most of her brothers and the hostage taking of Theon.

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The Wall is still there. And Varys had no way to contact the wildlings.

How is she closer to the Starks? Geographically maybe...

Yara is most certainly not closer to the Starks in any other way. She has no connection to them at all. She made a deal with Dany for independence. She isn’t Theon who grew up with the Starks. And if anything, the Starks led the fight that killed most of her brothers and the hostage taking of Theon.

Haha... Not all of it. Giant portion got knocked down .. remember? Also,  There’s gates everywhere. If the wall was an obstacle, they couldn’t leave. 

The wall means nothing and is blocking nothing.

Harder to find the wildlings with ravens is better reasoning. The wall excuse makes zero sense. 

chef   
11 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

Mostly that you are assigning the definition of "main character" across multiple scenarios.  A book can have a "main character" just like a chapter can.  ...As can a series.  I don't understand why you are being so Stannis about this.

From here on out I am going to try to sub Stannis for pedantic whenever possible.

Well done.

Rogue   

I've watched this episode a few times now.  It's a very good episode.  Several touching character moments, that end some arcs.  And of course, the carnage that was always meant to be. 

It does give me hope that they can end this, but I have no idea how.  It seems an insurmountable task for the writers.  Any way out I can figure is pretty bleh.  I hope they do pull it off, but I have no idea how and not a great deal of faith.....other than last episode kind of kicked ass.

13 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I've watched this episode a few times now.  It's a very good episode.  Several touching character moments, that end some arcs.  And of course, the carnage that was always meant to be. 

It does give me hope that they can end this, but I have no idea how.  It seems an insurmountable task for the writers.  Any way out I can figure is pretty bleh.  I hope they do pull it off, but I have no idea how and not a great deal of faith.....other than last episode kind of kicked ass.

The last episode was a one time savor for all to enjoy and hate. It made the entire series. They did just enough on the plot and political side to make it believable while continuing on the traditional mode of amazing theatrics. It was an incredible episode that left the nerds and women scorned. I loved it. 

If they pull it off the next episode it will go down as the best show ever made. 

Nztitans   
2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The last episode was a one time savor for all to enjoy and hate. It made the entire series. They did just enough on the plot and political side to make it believable while continuing on the traditional mode of amazing theatrics. It was an incredible episode that left the nerds and women scorned. I loved it. 

If they pull it off the next episode it will go down as the best show ever made. 

I liked the last episode. It is hard to see how they wrap it all up in 80 minutes. There seems a lot to sort out in that little time. 

I’m interested to see Dany’s reaction to what she did. Could have just destroyed the Red Keep and killed Cercei and be done with her. Surely she will have some justification to what she did. Probably not with the way the writing is. 

Justafan   
7 hours ago, Number9 said:

The guy was scared out of his wits, running for his life.  That's what he was.  Just like all the troops running back to the castle trying to get the hell away from the dead.  

Huh? False comparison much?  

Without budgets, he plunged the continent into a five-front war. And without actor contracts, he killed his main character and several of his potential replacements, egos and agents be damned.

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thrones/2019/5/16/18626666/game-of-thrones-series-finale-adaptation-troubles

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK. ??

Dany and Jon are killed in the books?!?!?!?  Someone fucking get in here and explain this shit to me!!!!!!

Number9   
1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thrones/2019/5/16/18626666/game-of-thrones-series-finale-adaptation-troubles

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK. ??

Dany and Jon are killed in the books?!?!?!?  Someone fucking get in here and explain this shit to me!!!!!!

Jon was killed.  The show takes a lot of liberties, that one is the worse.  We have been talking about Ned getting killed, Jon was my favorite character to rule one day when he got his direwolf.