OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

2 hours ago, chef said:

Gotta like that since my ex's old college friend was the princess.

Was super cute as adult, mid-20s when I met her.  Really talented choreographer.

I gotta like it because it’s hilarious and awesome. .. no matter who the princess was

chef   
1 hour ago, titanruss said:

I gotta like it because it’s hilarious and awesome. .. no matter who the princess was

It is pretty great as concept

OzTitan   
9 hours ago, oldschool said:

It's an option but I have a hard time believing even GRRM would kill both protagonists in the series. Of course wouldn't it be hysterical if he already killed Jon off and the show brought him back? 

It would. Which makes me wonder, what has Jon done in the show since coming back from the dead, that no other character could have done? Other than riding a dragon, although nothing he did on a dragon was really very consequential that I can recall. Yes he brought the Free Folk into the fold, but they could have written someone else doing that without anyone blinking an eye or had them come to that conclusion themselves in enough numbers to make it significant, or just not bothered (were they really key to anything?).

Seems from a story POV he could have died for good, and not much would be different. I guess Dany would not be as angsty without the threat of being usurped due to lineage but it was the revenge and other factors that mostly fed into her rampage anyway.

3 hours ago, OzTitan said:

It would. Which makes me wonder, what has Jon done in the show since coming back from the dead, that no other character could have done? Other than riding a dragon, although nothing he did on a dragon was really very consequential that I can recall. Yes he brought the Free Folk into the fold, but they could have written someone else doing that without anyone blinking an eye or had them come to that conclusion themselves in enough numbers to make it significant, or just not bothered (were they really key to anything?).

Seems from a story POV he could have died for good, and not much would be different. I guess Dany would not be as angsty without the threat of being usurped due to lineage but it was the revenge and other factors that mostly fed into her rampage anyway.

Jon’s lineage set the entire stage for Dany destroying King’s landing. The intimate aspect added to it and made it actually make sense. 

OzTitan   
9 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Jon’s lineage set the entire stage for Dany destroying King’s landing. The intimate aspect added to it and made it actually make sense. 

I guess they could have carried the Tyrion having the same lineage storyline that people speculated about. It wouldn't have had the same impact, but may have been serviceable enough.

Just seems despite the screen time, since the resurrection, his character has been mostly there to set other characters up.

MadMax   
24 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

I guess they could have carried the Tyrion having the same lineage storyline that people speculated about. It wouldn't have had the same impact, but may have been serviceable enough.

Just seems despite the screen time, since the resurrection, his character has been mostly there to set other characters up.

So you're saying Jon is Indiana Jones?

4 hours ago, OzTitan said:

Jon was the key to putting together the army of the living. He had to learn about the White Walkers. He had to bring wildlings through the Wall. He had to take back the North from the Boltons. And then he had to bring Dany’s forces to Winterfell. 

In the end, Jon was the one who led the fight. He didn’t do it all on his own but it doesn’t get done without him. 

I think it was jonboy who posted it a few days ago but if Jon doesn't kill Danny and claim the throne for the good of the people R+L=J basically means nothing.

Edited by oldschool

Jonboy   
1 hour ago, oldschool said:

I think it was jonboy who posted it a few days ago but if Jon doesn't kill Danny and claim the throne for the good of the people R+L=J basically means nothing.

Yep. The only purpose it would serve is to have been a wedge between Jon and Dany to push her over the edge. I wouldn't put it past D&D though. 

Jonboy   

So let's try and figure out how this next episode is gonna play out. It's another 80 minute one.

Looking at the characters we have left and knowing what all they have to resolve in one episode, we could be done with Sam, Gilly, Gendry, Yara, Bronn, Tormund, and Pod unless they show up in an epilogue of sorts. 

So that really leaves our major players of Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran, plus Grey Worm, Davos, and Brienne as the supporting characters. 

The trailer shows Dany walking through her army toward the destruction of King's Landing, as well as shots of Tyrion, Jon, and Davos taking in the destruction. So it seems like we'll be picking up immediately after the battle. 

Dany's reaction here will be interesting. Does she fully embrace what she's done? Or is there remorse and shock? Either way, I just don't see how Tyrion makes it out of this unless she decides to keep him because he's the only adviser she has left. It would be weird to have Tyrion executed right away but it is the final episode, after all. I'm not convinced Davos is safe either because he supplied the boat for Jaime's escape. Even thought it ended up with Jaime dead, I think Dany will only care that they went behind her back.

Maybe she executes Tyrion or Davos (or both?) straight away? Jon and Arya will probably meet up and form some type of plan to try and kill Dany. The part I just can't figure out is how this is going to happen with Drogon, the Dothraki, and Unsullied. I think both Jon and Arya can get close enough to her for the kill, but what then? Is it a suicide mission? Even if they succeed, how will the people take the Throne back from freakin' Drogon and Dany's army? This has to be where Sansa comes into the picture. She already had a last second save once with Jon by getting the Knights of the Vale for the Battle of the Bastards. I think she could rally all the other armies to back Jon and his claim. She probably anticipated Varys sending those letters. Still though, I have no idea what they're going to do about Drogon unless they pull off something weird with Jon being able to connect with him.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Probably, but maybe it just means he would decline the throne for the good of the realm like his mentor Aemon Targaryen.

R+L=J would simply be necessary to put him in the position to be the heir to the throne where he can turn it down if that’s the case.

Seems like Jon and Grey Worm are going to come to a head after the looks Grey Worm was giving Jon when he held back.

Someone will likely have to kill Dany. Not sure exactly how they plan to eliminate Drogon unless he is going to bond with Jon somehow (or already has to some extent).

Tyrion is certainly in danger from Dany now, but I don’t tend to think he will die. I don’t see her trying to execute Davos for helping Jamie because I think she would only blame Tyrion.

I don’t like the Jon's army's odds against Dany's, but assuming Varys got his message out then I guess armies from Dorne, the Stormlands, and the Riverlands could show up to turn the tide. Maybe the Reach if Sam could rally whatever forces are left there under his father's name.

Edited by Starkiller