OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

48 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Fortnite fans will appreciate this...

9h4x6apenyx21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

That's ... awesome.

Only missing something about updated spawn rate.

3 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Can't recall the exact source, but the fire / dragon birth had been described as a one-off miracle. Granted they did it again with the Khals in the show, but in true canon I don't think it's all Targs or even always Dany.

This is simply one of the ways in which the show is different than the books. The show made her permanently and (seemingly) completely fireproof. It makes more sense on the show because they still want Dany to look pretty after walking out of a fire, not with her hair gone and skin burned. That’s bad for ratings...

She survived 2 huge fires, but even back in season 1 before the pyre she had no problem with her scalding bath or holding the dragon egg on the fire that burned her handmaid when she grabbed it. It was clearly just her magical nature to be immune to fire and extreme heat.

And molten gold is no more a death by fire than is it equivalent to drawing blood in Vaes Dothrak. What a dumb hill to die on.

If someone poured molten gold on your head you would die of burns... unless you are impervious to fire and extreme heat like Dany is. How fucking hard is this for you to understand?

Edited by Starkiller

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

So you think Arya becomes the ultimate hero of the entire story? Jon fits the Fire and Ice theme being being from both the Stark and Targ lines. 

I’m making no prediction. I honestly don’t know.

But Arya would have no problem killing Dany. She is a trained assassin and has no love for her. And I don’t think Arya is necessarily the “hero” if she kills Dany.

Jon fits the ice and fire theme and has already been the hero of the story. Anyway, the books will get told differently and the TV show isn’t called Song of Ice and Fire. That phrase strictly lives in the books.

17 hours ago, Jonboy said:

So let's say Jon succeeds and Dany doesn't kill him first...does he become King or just say screw all y'all and head north to be with Ghost and the Wildlings?

I could see it either way honestly. 

I still think Jon kills Dany with a sword through the heart fulfilling the prophecy and then dies, his reason for coming back fulfilled. 

I don't see what the problem is with the gate scene in ep 4. It was a typical parlay. All the players involved in the parlay were high born, they aren't going to attack during a parlay. 

SK also thinks fish can survive emerged in olive oil because they can survive in water and we'd, as humans, drown in both.

chef   
2 hours ago, reo said:

Was thinking Dark Age of Camelot. We're showing our age... me more than you. 

How about Oregon Trail on a IIe?

On 5/5/2019 at 2:06 PM, Legaltitan said:

On 5/5/2019 at 12:53 PM, Legaltitan said:

Not if it happens after Jon stabs Dany through the heart and then drops dead

This looking more and more likely 

8 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

This looking more and more likely 

nah Jon lives. The bitter part of the bittersweet ending is Dany going mad and Jon having to put her down. The sweet portion is Jon taking a throne he doesn't want because it's the right thing to do.

12 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

I still think Jon kills Dany with a sword through the heart fulfilling the prophecy and then dies, his reason for coming back fulfilled. 

Why would he immediately die?   That's what the wights do when their resurrector dies, but Mel rez'd Jon and she's already dead.  

Mel gave some hokey line about Beric having a specific purpose because she's selling a religion.  She could have tried to resurrect him again and see what would happen.  Beric also outlived his rez-dealer of Thoros.

OzTitan   

That could be the last we see of Arya. She literally rode off in to the sunset. She chose life over certain death, why just go back next episode and resume the death defying life?

Jonboy   
11 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

That could be the last we see of Arya. She literally rode off in to the sunset. She chose life over certain death, why just go back next episode and resume the death defying life?

She appeared in the trailer for next week. She’ll likely want to ensure Jon survives. 

9 Nines   

Bongo wrote on the Jets board that he is friends with the producer and has seen the last episode already.  He said the main characters from Lost appear in the last episode via a time flux and using current military weapons, defeat everyone. 

Edited by 9 Nines