OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

reo   
1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

The counterpoint is “this is why it was different the 2nd time”. I don’t see how it’s that complicated...

Which was bullshit.

You can't get the sun behind you when attacking an entire fleet. Its not physically possible. The ships off to the side of the ones being attacked are at an angle. 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

No way Arya kills Dany. It would make her the savior for the two major arcs. It's Jon all the way.

Ya I don’t see Arya making the kill. The list is short but it’s gotta be Jon. I wouldn’t be shocked if they both end up dead. 

If not him maybe Tyrion pulls something off. 

Jonboy   
12 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Well there you go.

To be fair, the show hasn't stuck to that. They're clearly operating as if she's completely immune to fire because she does it again when she burns the Khals. Definitely seems to be just Dany though, for both George and the show.

8 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Do we know where Varys was sending the scrolls? 

My guess would be to all the lords of the realm. Prince of Dorne, Edmure in Riverrun, etc.

I do wonder if he attempted to tell anyone in Essos?

9 Nines   

Anyone watching it on Amazon-HBO feed? 

I was hoping to wait for the blu-ray release for better audio and video but I am wrapping up season 7 now, and would like to continue watching.  I read Amazon's HBO has twice the bit-rate of other sources of HBO. 

Anyone confirm it is better? 

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

Who are the candidates to kill her other than Jon or Arya?

I think Jon may not be able to kill her, emotionally speaking. Arya would have no such emotional conflicts.

So you think Arya becomes the ultimate hero of the entire story? Jon fits the Fire and Ice theme being being from both the Stark and Targ lines. 

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Jon fits the Fire and Ice theme being being from both the Stark and Targ lines. 

Reluctant fighter, reluctant leader, and even more reluctant king?

He told Dany once he didn't enjoy what he was good at, so maybe,...

MadMax   
8 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Fortnite fans will appreciate this...

9h4x6apenyx21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I was thinking of WoW as I read that.

Jonboy   
46 minutes ago, oldschool said:

So you think Arya becomes the ultimate hero of the entire story? Jon fits the Fire and Ice theme being being from both the Stark and Targ lines. 

37 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Reluctant fighter, reluctant leader, and even more reluctant king?

He told Dany once he didn't enjoy what he was good at, so maybe,...

The more that I think about it, the more I think it has to be Jon as well. Then again, I felt the same about the NK. When you consider that he didn't get the NK kill though, it has to be him vs Dany. He's probably the only person who can get close enough to her.

I think the most fascinating part in all this is going to be what happens with the Unsullied, Dothraki, and Drogon. They've already hinted that the Unsullied may just be done after this battle. Remember Grey Worm's conversation with Missandei? Who the heck knows with the Dothraki. 

We could have a "Rohirrim" moment if all the other armies show up thanks to Varys' letters. I don't think it was a coincidence that they name dropped a lot of the locations & leaders last week. 

reo   
24 minutes ago, MadMax said:

I was thinking of WoW as I read that.

Was thinking Dark Age of Camelot. We're showing our age... me more than you. 

reo   
1 hour ago, oldschool said:

I don't think the show writers are really thinking in terms of that. Iirc they picked Arya over Jon to kill the NK just bc they thought it'd be less predictable, not bc it fit a broader story.

MadMax   
Just now, reo said:

Was thinking Dark Age of Camelot. We're showing our age... me more than you. 

I started to say EverQuest but decided I'd at least go with a game that's still viable.

reo   
Just now, MadMax said:

I started to say EverQuest but decided I'd at least go with a game that's still viable.

DAoC is still around!! .... I think lol