Jump to content
OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

They went out of their way to nerf the dragons up until last night. In reality, what we saw in Ep. 5 is the most accurate representation of the destruction dragons would cause. No army would stand a chance. She couldn't have had a more decisive victory even if she had all 3 still. In the books, I bet Euron kills/binds one, but it will come off as way more realistic because he's actually pretty powerful.

 

I'm pretty shocked that Cersei got off so easy. Seems like Dany would've wanted to execute her face to face. Instead she just dies from the collapse. Pretty weak.

 

Also, I just realized...Davos could be in trouble too next week for helping Jaime escape.

Dany could try and kill Tyrion and Davos and then if the letters from Varys pay off, she could decide that killing Jon is the only choice. And instead of them turning on her, what you actually have is she turns on everyone and they have to fight back.

 

That's my prediction at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

And what the heck is up with Jaime saying he never cared for innocents?! That makes zero sense considering he killed Aerys to save KL and went to Winterfell to fight the NK. If he wants to go back to Cersei, fine. But the line about the innocents was weird. 

it's just complete character assassination for Jamie this episode. There's no other way around it. That line pissed me off because it that contrast, not just with his character Arc generally and the backstory we get, but it's a contrast with this season itself. It's just stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All Davos did is place the boat at the secret entrance to the keep. Tyrion could be in deep shit though. Honestly I dont believe they need to kill Tyrion to complete Dany's fall. Burning KL did that last night. I expect Tyrion, Sansa, Jon, and Davos to plan to take Dany down from the start. The preview seemed to show another battle with the Dothraki so I assume in true D&D fashion Westeros fields one more army to take down the invaders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

And what the heck is up with Jaime saying he never cared for innocents?! That makes zero sense considering he killed Aerys to save KL and went to Winterfell to fight the NK. If he wants to go back to Cersei, fine. But the line about the innocents was weird. 

I feel like these are the things Jamie says to convince himself. But what he says and what he believes aren’t necessarily the same thing.

 

Like, about having a baby with Cersei, he says the lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of the sheep. Yet in reality he does. 

 

When he left Brienne he told her it was because he was hateful like Cersei. But that wasn’t true.

 

He attacked Brienne to escape early on and insulted her constantly, but he still sacrificed himself to rescue her from rape and then the bear pit.

 

Jamie loves his family, but he was never his father’s son. Tywin would have had no problem with letting other people die or doing anything for the betterment of his house. Jamie was never like that. He wanted to protect his family, but he still cared about what happened to other people.

Edited by Starkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

At the time she probably would be more concerned with protecting Drogon after Rhaegal was killed. 

Dany doesn't seem to be the type to worry about that over killing the people that just killed one of her dragons. When has she ever shrunk from a fight especially if she could kill them all that easily?? You're rationalizing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

And what the heck is up with Jaime saying he never cared for innocents?! That makes zero sense considering he killed Aerys to save KL and went to Winterfell to fight the NK. If he wants to go back to Cersei, fine. But the line about the innocents was weird. 

Didn't catch that. Yeah, pretty bad.

 

I'm fine with him going back to try and save his sister but still...

Edited by reo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
56 minutes ago, oldschool said:

All Davos did is place the boat at the secret entrance to the keep. Tyrion could be in deep shit though. Honestly I dont believe they need to kill Tyrion to complete Dany's fall. Burning KL did that last night. I expect Tyrion, Sansa, Jon, and Davos to plan to take Dany down from the start. The preview seemed to show another battle with the Dothraki so I assume in true D&D fashion Westeros fields one more army to take down the invaders.

If the fan theories are true that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen... Dany trying to burn him alive could be an interesting (and confusing for most due to no build up) way of proving it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG53   
1 minute ago, reo said:

If the fan theories are true that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen... Dany trying to burn him alive could be an interesting (and confusing for most due to no build up) way of proving it.

Why would it be interesting? Targs aren't immune from fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
1 minute ago, WG53 said:

Why would it be interesting? Targs aren't immune from fire.

Are they not? How did she survive? Missed this then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, reo said:

Are they not? How did she survive? Missed this then.

Only Dany is immune from fire.

 

Non was burned killing the wight in season 1. Even her pure blood Targaryen ancestors have died in fires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Only Dany is immune from fire.

 

Non was burned killing the wight in season 1. Even her pure blood Targaryen ancestors have died in fires. 

How is she immune to fire if it's not her Targ blood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, reo said:

Dany doesn't seem to be the type to worry about that over killing the people that just killed one of her dragons. When has she ever shrunk from a fight especially if she could kill them all that easily?? You're rationalizing. 

Sure she wanted to kill them. And she was going in to do just that before their fleet started firing more dragon killing scorpion bolts at her last dragon. 

 

She he had an actual attack plan prepared last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
Just now, Starkiller said:

Sure she wanted to kill them. And she was going in to do just that before their fleet started firing more dragon killing scorpion bolts at her last dragon. 

 

She he had an actual attack plan prepared last night. 

Oh come on lol what plan??

 

She didn't have some grand plan. She just attacked and killed them all very easily. Why run the first time if she could kill them that easy?

 

You're hardcore rationalizing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...