OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

The preview with Dany promoting her known-idiot brother and mad father as meaningful n assessing Jaime is blah. I hope she twists that at the end to indicate it's not the end of the world but she still wants an answer (everyone judges him on it, after all)... as opposed to being unyielding and drawing a hard line.

I fear that they're going to make Dany unrelatable, just based on the setup. I'd love to be wrong. 

The last 2 or so seasons have been showing her to be more impulsive and making decisions on flimsy rationale. I suspect this will go on and get more pronounced over the coming 4 episodes before something is fixed in the last one. 

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Pulled this from reddit. These are the characters who will almost certainly have some sort of on-screen resolution to their arcs. Should be interesting to keep track of these characters and how their conflicts are resolved as the series comes to a close. The number in parentheses is the episode appearances.

1. Tyrion (63)
  2. Cersei (60)
  3. Dany (58)
  4. Jon (58)
  5. Sansa (56)
  6. Arya (55)
  7. Jaime (51)
  8. Jorah (50)
  9. Theon (45)
  10. Sam (45)
  11. Varys (43)
  12. Brienne (39)
  13. Davos (38)
  14. Bran (37)
  15. Bronn (36)
  16. Hound (36)
  17. Missandei (35)
  18. Pod (32)
  19. Edd (31)
  20. Tormund (29)
  21. Grey Worm (29)
  22. Melisandre (28)
  23. Gilly (24)
  24. Qyburn (21)
  25. Gendry (20)
  26. Mountain (18)
  27. Yara (15)
  28. Beric (10)
  29. Euron (7)
  30. Harry Strickland (new this episode)

Gilly and Melisandre did not appear in S8 E1. Brienne and Pod were only seen in the background to other scenes.

There are roughly 7 other that have played supporting role; although, there's a chance we don't hear from any of them again.

• Daario (21)
  • Edmure Tully (8)
  • Jaqen (17)
  • Meera (16)
  • Hot Pie (12)
  • Archmaester (4)
  • Howland Reed (2 flashbacks)

Some of these, in my opinion, don't need an epilogue/resolution.  Brienne will stay on to protect Sansa (or if she dies, continue acting as a knight somewhere or fade away in Tarth).  The majority will be resolved in their death.  I'm not sure many of these stories can result into anything more interesting than "attempted to return to live a normal life."  Tormund's is potentially more interesting because he is a wildling and him receiving land and titles is a change.  Obviously the big "players" can cause changes to the culture/world if they survive.

Jonboy   
1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

We did a live/die prediction at work. I only had 5 characters living.

Who’d you go with? I feel most confident on Sam and Arya surviving. Any other character dying wouldn’t really surprise me. 

Jonboy   
21 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Best line I’ve read today: Bran has been siting there in his wheelchair just waiting for Jamie so he can ask him for a push... 

I really do wonder what he has planned for Jaime. He definitely has an important role to play and Bran wants to make sure he follows through. 

10 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I really do wonder what he has planned for Jaime. He definitely has an important role to play and Bran wants to make sure he follows through. 

We saw him have visions of the Mad King. He could speak on Jamie's behalf about how he had to kill his king to save the city.

Jonboy   
51 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

We saw him have visions of the Mad King. He could speak on Jamie's behalf about how he had to kill his king to save the city.

Oh yeah I think that’s inevitable. I feel like there’s something more though. Bran will likely set him on the course for his final act of redemption. 

cenj   
9 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Yara mentioning the Iron Islands as a fallback location has to mean that will actually come into play, right? 

Perhaps the Night King actually wrecks them and the survivors have to retreat to the Iron Islands? Would put them much closer to King's Landing too.

I think it's more than likely the human armies get decimated by white walkers.

4 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Who’d you go with? I feel most confident on Sam and Arya surviving. Any other character dying wouldn’t really surprise me. 

Sam, Sansa, Tyrion, Theon and Bran

28 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Sam, Sansa, Tyrion, Theon and Bran

Survivor Westeros: Hipster Island

Seriously, did you just purposefully go down the list and pick the least likely to survive and just decide to go with them for that very reason?

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Survivor Westeros: Hipster Island

Seriously, did you just purposefully go down the list and pick the least likely to survive and just decide to go with them for that very reason?

I hadn't noticed that until now.

26 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I hadn't noticed that until now.

Bran's purpose for existing may have everything to do with his own survival and Theon could conceivably fight his way out of things with his abilities with a bow, but I just don't see how Sam, Sansa, or Tyrion survive unless whoever is destined to kill the Night King kills him before the wights or white walkers get to them. Sam and Tyrion can barely fight their way out of a wet paper sack and Sansa can't even manage that.