OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

On 4/9/2019 at 12:58 AM, Starkiller said:

It was kind of strange hearing Kit’s real accent on SNL. His show accent is patterned after Sean Bean’s. 

I just watched a video of Iain Glen talking about the show and his natural accent really threw me off after hearing him as Jorrah all those years. 

Also, in addition to the accent is the lack of facial scarring and mustache/beard...

Facial hair is a defining feature. You should see pics of the guy who played Robert Baratheon without his beard...

spacer.png

Or Varys with hair...

spacer.png

Edited by Starkiller

Jonboy   
2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Facial hair is a defining feature. You should see pics of the guy who played Robert Baratheon without his beard...

spacer.png

Hah! Wow.

I've been debating shaving mine that I've had for 5 years now. Always keep it relatively short though.

43 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Fred, of House Flintstone

MV5BMTI3MTUwNTc2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTAw

He also played Roland in A Knight's Tale. Here he's working on a baby Baratheon beard.

XLHpK7X.jpg

Edited by NashvilleNinja

5 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

The writers have essentially had to learn how to be writers of a story instead of interpreting one. That’s a huge change. They’ve screwed a lot of the small lines up and a couple of the larger arcs as well in terms of main characters making terrible moves and not receiving any consequences. The worst was the dragon episode where Jon was saved, shortly followed by Jaime just walking away after seemingly going to the bottom of a lake after being saved by Bronn. It’s pretty tough to swim in full armor. 

Still, the feel of the show is there and they have a chance at full redemption if they pull it off properly. 

14 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

I disagree. Stopped reading halfway through.

First, using the Heartsbane incident to set the stage for this narrative is pretty silly IMO. Sam stealing Heartsbane was itself a consequence for Randyll Tarly, long overdue. Each episode would be 8 hours long if they had to show a consequence for every single move and countermove. This is extremely nitpicky IMO.

I stopped reading when it got to Jon Snow, and how there was no consequence for leaving the Night's Watch. That was one of my favorite parts of the last season, which no doubt fell off from the greatness of before. Jon Snow pledged himself to the Night's Watch until death. Well, he fucking died. Like he was good and dead, killed by his own fellow members of the Night's Watch. That's as good a reason is any. Are you gonna tell a guy who just died and was resurrected that he still is under that oath? But at any rate, whatever quibble there is with that, that goes to Martin, not the show. I feel pretty certain Snow is going to be revived in the books also, and I also feel pretty certain he is going to leave the Night's Watch, just like in the show.

3 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

You had no problem with Sam stealing Nightsbane and his dad not caring? You've got a lot bar.

How do we know his Dad "didn't care?" We just don't see him mentioning it. I would assume off screen Tarley was quite incensed and irate by the whole thing. But he also has a war to fight, and the next time we see him he is getting his ass handed to him by Dany. I guess we should have had an episode dedicated to the exciting side quest to a side quest of Tarley chasing down Sam to get his sword back.

The show has suffered for being truncated, no doubt. But because it has been truncated, there is no time to unspin every single thread. There's a reason Martin is over a decade behind schedule in finishing this story.

Edited by Legaltitan

1 minute ago, Legaltitan said:

The show has suffered for being truncated, no doubt. But because it has been truncated, there is no time to unspin every single thread.

This isn't it entirely, but ... yes, there are notable problems with their decision to just fast forward to the end and, no, that they made that decision isn't an adequate excuse for the result of the decision. That's circular logic.