OILERMAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

@Jonboy

I mean...

The drama builds to a confrontation with the Army of the Dead that’s expected to be the most sustained action sequence ever made for television or film.

Last April a crew member revealed that Game of Thrones had wrapped 55 night shoots while filming a battle. Media outlets around the world ran stories saying the final season’s battle took twice as long as the 25-day shoot for season 6’s climactic Battle of the Bastards. This wildly understated what really happened. The 55 nights were only for the battle’s outdoor scenes at the Winterfell set. Filming then moved into the studio, where Sapochnik continued shooting the same battle for weeks after that.

....dayum.

Then again this is pretty much the bar they set for themselves so anything less might not be good enough.

Still, dayum...

Anyone who likes the music from Game of Thrones should definitely check out the album from the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. I don’t know if you can stream it on any free service but certainly you can listen on YouTube. 

The album is music through season 6.

Edited by Starkiller

10 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

@Jonboy

I mean...

Reveal hidden contents

....dayum.

Then again this is pretty much the bar they set for themselves so anything less might not be good enough.

Still, dayum...

I wonder how it will compare to the Battle of Helms Deep in Lord of the Rings. 

On 11/3/2018 at 10:15 AM, Starkiller said:

I wonder how it will compare to the Battle of Helms Deep in Lord of the Rings. 

http://www.theonering.com/news/the-lord-of-the-rings-movies/battle-of-helm-apos-s-deep-to-take-15-minutes-peter-jackson-denies-45-minute-battle-length

Peter Jackson on the Battle of the Helms:

it has never been 40 minutes, and I think it would be fairly dull if that were the case. I don't know exactly how long the battle is - I haven't actually timed it. It certainly occupies the last 30 or 40 minutes of the film. The battle probably begins 40 minutes before the end of the film, but we don't just stay with the battle; we have things happening elsewhere.

Benioff:

The battle doesn’t have just one focus, either, but rather intercuts between multiple characters involved in their own survival storylines that each feels like its own genre. “Having the largest battle doesn’t sound very exciting — it actually sounds pretty boring,” Benioff says. “Part of our challenge, and really, Miguel’s challenge, is how to keep that compelling… we’ve been building toward this since the very beginning, it’s the living against the dead, and you can’t do that in a 12-minute sequence.”

One episode — the same that Benioff and Weiss were concerned about pulling off so many years ago — is wall-to-wall action, courtesy of “Battle of the Bastards” director Miguel Sapochnik.

Considering how much bigger in scale they've allegedly made the Winterfell set for this season I'm betting the intercutting won't

look or feel the same as the Battle of the Helms. Even though one group of characters may have lulls while others will be in the fray, they're all pretty much in the same event in the same location, unless they intercut with different geographic locations (Winterfell to King's Landing/Dorne/etc.). But judging from the description of the episode being wall-to-wall action, I can't imagine there will be too many tension-free moments, even in any lulls. I suspect it's going to be scarier/thrilling, more gruesome, more shocking, and more exhausting to watch than anything Battle Of The Helms could muster.

The closer it gets to GOTS8 the less my imagination of what's going to happen makes sense. For one thing I've thought for a while that the battle against the undead wouldn't happen until maybe the 3rd or 4th episode, but that wouldn't leave much time for setting up any final confrontation with Cersei. So maybe the big battle with the frozen zombies happens in episode 2? Then again... who the hell is Cersei going to wind up confronting? You get this cut n dry picture in your mind of who's going to survive the battle of the undead, but we don't really know who's going to make it out alive. I remember how settled I felt on where the direction of the show was headed before watching Rains of Castamere. This is still the same show that put out that episode, fwiw. And they're sprinting full-speed toward the finish line now. Who knows what the finish line is going to look like?

Edited by NashvilleNinja

On 11/5/2018 at 5:57 PM, Starkiller said:

King Hot Pie will rule when the dust settles...

I gotta try his whatever the hell it was he was talking to Arya about in ep02 of season 7.

Speaking of... I also want to try whatever it was Jon and Sansa were talking about in ep04 of season 6, when she got to The Wall. Something the old woman used to make for them at Winterfell, with the peas and onions.

2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I gotta try his whatever the hell it was he was talking to Arya about in ep02 of season 7.

Speaking of... I also want to try whatever it was Jon and Sansa were talking about in ep04 of season 6, when she got to The Wall. Something the old woman used to make for them at Winterfell, with the peas and onions.

Just don’t try the Frey pies...