The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

The next two seasons should be pretty amazing since Storm of swords is the best book in the series. The 4th book is a complete snore-fest and the 5th book finishes about 300 pages too early with about 700 cliff-hangers. But don't worry, Martin promises he'll have the next book out in less than 5 years .....

• 6 months later...

Just got into this series a few weeks ago. Raced through season 1 and season 2 and immediately started the first book. Pretty amazing stuff. Tyrion Lannister is freakin' awesome btw.

Any timetable on the release date for The Winds of Winter?

I need to pick up the 4th book before season 4 starts. I got through the first 3 iirc and then he took that 5 yr break before the next and i never got myself to start them again.

Just got into this series a few weeks ago. Raced through season 1 and season 2 and immediately started the first book. Pretty amazing stuff. Tyrion Lannister is freakin' awesome btw.

Any timetable on the release date for The Winds of Winter?

Nothing official. Sounds like 2014.

• 1 month later...

Would you guys recommend I just watch the TV show or wait until I read the book? I have the TV series up to date on my computer but I wanted to wait until I read the books that I also have downloaded.

I started the first book about a year ago and got about 100 pages in but then just stopped because I didn't really have time and it is a very tough read. I will probably continue reading within a year when I actually have time and I am sure once I finish the first one I will rush into the rest of the series.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the popularity of Game of Thrones (along w/ LotRs and the Hobbit, etc) to be pretty entertaining actually. These types of things are what nerds have been getting flack for reading for decades and then once they make a movie about it, it's awesome! lol There are so many good stories out there that will hopefully be made into movies or a series now.

Would you guys recommend I just watch the TV show or wait until I read the book? I have the TV series up to date on my computer but I wanted to wait until I read the books that I also have downloaded.

I started the first book about a year ago and got about 100 pages in but then just stopped because I didn't really have time and it is a very tough read. I will probably continue reading within a year when I actually have time and I am sure once I finish the first one I will rush into the rest of the series.

It's up to you. I like knowing what's going to happen this season but it depends on how you feel about it. They're following them pretty much to the letter iirc but I haven't read them in a while so I'm not 100% sure on that.

I still need to pick up book 4...

Watch it. If only for the babes. 

Man this show is awesome.....

Chaos is a ladder, many who try and climb it fail......

The climb is all there is

I will be saying these exact words during the TR power vaccum that occurs when Oman's reign finally ends.