The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

6 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Wow what a post. We all know he has a way with words. Impressive that he was able to complement everyone involved and also say this without it coming across as an insult to the show runners:

I am working in a very different medium than David and Dan, never forget.   They had eight hours for this final season.   I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done… and if more pages and chapters and scenes are needed, I’ll add them.   

Yea imagine that, a book with tons of pages will be more detailed and have less holes than 6 1:15 episodes 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

I think its pretty obvious they shortened the season so that they could start on the star wars stuff. they didnt have the source material, so they just figured they should wrap it up rather than building and developing any more. 

it was all about the money for them. already got paid.. could have extended two more seasons... but star wars money was bigger and calling their names. so instead of leaving something they had been working on for the better part of a decade, they finished it up hastily so they could be the ones finishing it. 

12 hours ago, titanruss said:

I didn’t think about it but since bran is the three eyed raven he could live for like 1000 years

Yeah, I thought about that when Tyrion said he'd never father a successor.  He won't need one.  He's never stepping down.  Or rolling down, as it were.

14 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Yeah, I thought about that when Tyrion said he'd never father a successor.  He won't need one.  He's never stepping down.  Or rolling down, as it were.

SK already addressed this. Bran isn't going to live for a 1000 years unless he's embedded in a tree. 

59 minutes ago, titanruss said:

I think its pretty obvious they shortened the season so that they could start on the star wars stuff. they didnt have the source material, so they just figured they should wrap it up rather than building and developing any more. 

it was all about the money for them. already got paid.. could have extended two more seasons... but star wars money was bigger and calling their names. so instead of leaving something they had been working on for the better part of a decade, they finished it up hastily so they could be the ones finishing it. 

They should have simply handed the day to day running of the show over to someone else. That being said I'm not going to kill them over wanting to work on other projects. 

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

SK already addressed this. Bran isn't going to live for a 1000 years unless he's embedded in a tree. 

Well then....  Maybe instead of a new iron throne, they'll plant a tree in the throne room.  Don't harsh my gig so hardcore, cruster.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/game-of-thrones-value-stats-facts-and-figures-232754079.html

It was a bittersweet weekend for fans of Game of Thrones, arguably one of the greatest television shows in history. After an incredible eight-year run, the HBO show bid farewell Sunday as the last and final season came to a close.

As diehard fans around the world indulged in the final episode of GOT — a brand which some analysts estimate is worth over $1 billion — here are some of the crucial numbers that brought together the award-winning series.

*I posted this clip so the pos posting as @oldschool aka, oldstool could see I do read articles somewhere.  I'm sure he won't be at loss of biting putdown.  So, "release the bile"

Following the fan endings of the show, considering the ages of all of the new rulers across Westeros, it is nice to imagine them ruling with consistency and peace.  Only a few rulers are past their early 20s.  Assuming all are satisfied with their choice at the council, there should be an era of decades dedicated towards rebuilding with little conflict.  

...So there's that.  

34 minutes ago, Number9 said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/game-of-thrones-value-stats-facts-and-figures-232754079.html

It was a bittersweet weekend for fans of Game of Thrones, arguably one of the greatest television shows in history. After an incredible eight-year run, the HBO show bid farewell Sunday as the last and final season came to a close.

As diehard fans around the world indulged in the final episode of GOT — a brand which some analysts estimate is worth over $1 billion — here are some of the crucial numbers that brought together the award-winning series.

*I posted this clip so the pos posting as @oldschool aka, oldstool could see I do read articles somewhere.  I'm sure he won't be at loss of biting putdown.  So, "release the bile"

I actually feel sorry for you. It must be hard going through life being as inept as you are.

8 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I actually feel sorry for you. It must be hard going through life being as inept as you are.

May be.  But people don't wave from a distance when they see me, they extend their hand.  

So go away.  I don't want what you are putting down.

giphy.gif