The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

I have only watched season 7.  I think I know everything happening but since there were 6 other seasons, I am wondering if I might have missed some details. Was there much to miss in those earlier seasons? 

I wouldn't waste my time watching the earlier episodes, it didn't even get good until the last few seasons. The writing was pretty weak the first 5 seasons!

59 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The point was for Ned to seem like the main character. He was misdirection. He had to die to drive the storyline for his kids.

For the first book, he’s the main. 

35 minutes ago, oldschool said:

If you are only around for season 1/8 or book 1/7 you arent a "series" main character. 

I agree with this. 

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I wouldn't waste my time watching the earlier episodes, it didn't even get good until the last few seasons. The writing was pretty weak the first 5 seasons!

The last half of season 1 was good. Seasons 3 & 4 are outstanding. 

4 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

For the first book, he’s the main. 

The first book was never intended to be a standalone story.

He is set up to appear to be the main character well by GRRM. But he was intended to die, thus he was not the main character in the series.

25 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The first book was never intended to be a standalone story.

He is set up to appear to be the main character well by GRRM. But he was intended to die, thus he was not the main character in the series.

So we can’t look at individual books with themes because it is a series?  So Feast doesn’t have a theme of religion because it is only a part of a larger story?  Jesus Christ, are you never wrong like Ben now?

41 minutes ago, oldschool said:

They probably fit Star Wars better than Game of Thrones, for what that’s worth. Star Wars isn’t nearly so deep of a story.

Regardless, there’s no reason to judge it until we see it. 

23 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

So we can’t look at individual books with themes because it is a series?  So Feast doesn’t have a theme of religion because it is only a part of a larger story?  Jesus Christ, are you never wrong like Ben now?

What does any of that have to do with who the main characters are???

2 hours ago, chef said:

Gotta like that since my ex's old college friend was the princess.

Was super cute as adult, mid-20s when I met her.  Really talented choreographer.

I gotta like it because it’s hilarious and awesome. .. no matter who the princess was