The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rogue said:

So, it's very difficult to fix on the final outcome.  Dany seems in firm control.  Jon doesn't seem to be able to get close to Dany for the kill at this point.  Greyworm is going to tell Dany of his apparent disgust with Jon.  

That leaves Tyrion and Arya to be the only people left to have the chance to being close to her.  I doubt they give Arya the second victory, leaving Tyrion for the job....which does make an interesting story arc being he's the Kingslayer's brother.  

I ultimately think Jon goes north.  He doesn't want the gig and they planted the seed with he has "the true north" in him by Tormand.  

And that leaves Tyrion as the ruler of the seven kingdoms.  This would satisfy the bitter sweet ending concept.  

The only question is how much of Tyrion's claim to the throne exists?  He's the brother of the queen, of which was defeated.  But he is the brother of the queen.  I just don't know how that succession works. But I do know the one person capable of rule outside of Jon, at least in terms of bitter sweet, is Tyrion.  

As much as the writing has been lackluster, they've still presented intrigue.  

Personally I feel they had a few more episodes to flesh out the story arc, but we're firmly into the end game. 

One more episode to resolve it all seems a  challenge.  

I think one likely scenario is that Dany sentences Jon to death by fire but Drogon refuses to burn Jon. Jon then pulls his sword but cant kill her so she, realizing what she's become, impales herself on Jon's sword.

I cant imagine anyone else kills her especially Tyrion. Whomever does it has to get by Drogon which is why I think it has to play out like above in some fashion.

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

I think one likely scenario is that Dany sentences Jon to death by fire but Drogon refuses to burn Jon. Jon then pulls his sword but cant kill her so she, realizing what she's become, impales herself on Jon's sword.

I cant imagine anyone else kills her especially Tyrion. Whomever does it has to get by Drogon which is why I think it has to play out like above in some fashion.

At that point, she could just fly back to Meereen and leave Westeros. I don’t see Dany killing herself. 

Just now, Starkiller said:

At that point, she could just fly back to Meereen and leave Westeros. I don’t see Dany killing herself. 

Lol. You don't come back from what she did. She will go down fighting or give up. Book it.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Lol. You don't come back from what she did. She will go down fighting or give up. Book it.

The fact that you don’t come back from that is exactly why I don’t see her killing herself...

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The fact that you don’t come back from that is exactly why I don’t see her killing herself...

There is lots of precedent for evil characters doing just that. It could play out like the final battle scene in the horrible 300 sequel. In the end they understand what they are. That being said I hope it doesnt happen. I prefer Jon to do what needs to be done.

5 hours ago, titanruss said:

I think The one certain thing is that Jon is forced to kill greyworm. 

Arya kills Greyworm because of the threat to Jon.  Arya takes Greyworm's face.  Aryaworm goes after Dany.  Drogon eats Aryaworm.  Jon kills Dany while she cackles maniacally at Aryaworm's death.  Jon goes north.  Bran stands up, walks to the Iron throne and sits on it.  Bran's eyes turn blue.  Roll the credits.

It's set up to be a classic tragedy.  That means Jon kills Dany but doesn't take the throne himself.  It just wouldn't hit the right emotional tone if anyone else does it.  Good chance that Arya takes out Greyworm and a good chance that Tyrion also is killed in this final episode.  I really want Tyrion to survive but he's been a major player, if indirectly, in the game of thrones and I don't think this story really ends happy for any of the players.  Even Sansa has embraced her worst side in order to survive and will likely never be truly happy as a result.

All of the major players for the throne end badly with the sub characters left at the end to pick up the pieces.  

Drogon I don't think will die.  I mean how stupid would it be for anyone to take him out after what he just proved he's capable of doing.  He'll fly off on his own once Danny dies.  The unsullied and Dothraki have no reason to stay in Westeros once Danny is gone.  Hell, there is no throne any more so it wouldn't surprise me if no one actually ends up on the throne and the 7 kingdoms just break up into 7 small kingdoms with no overall ruler.  

I also kind of expect us to see how Bran has been manipulating events for a while because he knew this was the only way to break the wheel and it wouldn't surprise me if Jon finds out that Danny was pregnant after he kills her, deepening the tragedy. 

My real curiosity at this point is what the hell happens to Bronn if Tyrion dies.  Everyone who promised him a castle would then be dead and he's left with nothing but a bag of gold and shitty crossbow.  I think he plays a part somewhere in this final episode.  Maybe rescues Tyrion?  Who knows.   

4 minutes ago, Justafan said:

It's set up to be a classic tragedy.  That means Jon kills Dany but doesn't take the throne himself.  It just wouldn't hit the right emotional tone if anyone else does it.  Good chance that Arya takes out Greyworm and a good chance that Tyrion also is killed in this final episode.  I really want Tyrion to survive but he's been a major player, if indirectly, in the game of thrones and I don't think this story really ends happy for any of the players.  Even Sansa has embraced her worst side in order to survive and will likely never be truly happy as a result.

All of the major players for the throne end badly with the sub characters left at the end to pick up the pieces.  

Drogon I don't think will die.  I mean how stupid would it be for anyone to take him out after what he just proved he's capable of doing.  He'll fly off on his own once Danny dies.  The unsullied and Dothraki have no reason to stay in Westeros once Danny is gone.  Hell, there is no throne any more so it wouldn't surprise me if no one actually ends up on the throne and the 7 kingdoms just break up into 7 small kingdoms with no overall ruler.  

I also kind of expect us to see how Bran has been manipulating events for a while because he knew this was the only way to break the wheel and it wouldn't surprise me if Jon finds out that Danny was pregnant after he kills her, deepening the tragedy. 

My real curiosity at this point is what the hell happens to Bronn if Tyrion dies.  Everyone who promised him a castle would then be dead and he's left with nothing but a bag of gold and shitty crossbow.  I think he plays a part somewhere in this final episode.  Maybe rescues Tyrion?  Who knows.   

I'm not sold on the scorched earth/breaking of the wheel ending. GRRM has specifically said the ending is bittersweet. I still think Jon takes the thrown even though he wants nothing more than to not do so. It's commentary on the fact those who want to rule become corrupt.

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Does the knight king ring a bell?

She got the NK out in the open with the bait they set. You think Dany is going to be walking the streets of KL after burning it down? I just don’t see why she would put her self in a situation where someone could sneak up on her after killing nearly everyone in KL. 

9 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I'm not sold on the scorched earth/breaking of the wheel ending. GRRM has specifically said the ending is bittersweet. I still think Jon takes the thrown even though he wants nothing more than to not do so. It's commentary on the fact those who want to rule become corrupt.

I could see Jon taking the throne but I think it undermines the story a little if that's how it ends.  They set up him going back up north pretty hard with the Wildlings too so I think that's where he ends up but I could definitely see him feeling obligated to take the throne once Danny is gone.  I don't really like that ending but there is a logic to it.