The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Dude...what the heck? Have you guys seen/heard this? No spoilers for the show in case you're wondering.

About the books being ready and just waiting till the show is over?

1 minute ago, WG53 said:

About the books being ready and just waiting till the show is over?

Yep. It should start right at the moment he says it. 

No way do I buy that. Where the heck would he have heard that though?

19 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Dude...what the heck? Have you guys seen/heard this? No spoilers for the show in case you're wondering.

Edit: starting at 31:41

I don’t buy it. Maybe book 6 is ready (oh please oh please oh please) but not both.

Bran saw a shadow of a dragon over kings landing on fire a couple of seasons ago. This was pretty much always going to happen.

960x0.jpg

Edited by Somedude

First off, visually, this episode was pretty fucking amazing. The story was mostly trash, but I had fun watching the episode. Here's random thoughts:

---Apparently Arya is fucking invincible. She and a white horse seemed to be the only survivors in the entire city. What luck!

---So, we went from an incredibly brave Arya whom was willing to infiltrate the entire WW army to fight the (nearly indestructible Night King 1-on-1) to Arya making the long journey to kill Cersei in much the same way, but right at the final step, Hound says a few sentences that revert her back into a scared little girl running to escape from the city---WTF? They did have a touching emo moment that literally defied nearly everything that's been developed in these characters.

---Jon Snow is a little bitch. And, in decent writing, would die at the hands of Dany because he doesn't have 1/10th the savagery or cunning that Dany possesses.

---Tyrion seems invincible as well. How many times will he fuck up, commit treason, or just simply slip from the grasp of serious consequence. What luck!

---The Varys execution was an excellent idea. Though, I think the show visually botched it.

---Where the fuck is Bronn? He's a great character that's........on vacation?

---Clegane Bowl was a lot of fun. The obvious death was going to be by fire for one or both and it ended well. But, the Hound must drink a hell of a lot of milk for his bones to withstand multiple grasps and situations in which we've seen the Mountain turn various bones to dust.

---Also, what happened with the Hound's seeming connection that he acquired when looking into the fire with the Lord of Light?  Hell, what happened to the entire Lord of Light storyline? Did it end with the Red Woman? Was the entire existence of the Lord of Light to defeat the Night King?........Bueller?......Bueller?

---Cersei and Jaime's finality was complete garbage. There's no other way to say it. It was a moment written for the romantic emo fans.

---Euron and Jaime's fight was waaaaayyy too forced.

---Dany's turn has been handled disappointingly. She's always been a villain as @cenj has pointed out (if you take a step back and look at her actions), but the ultimate "snap" was terribly developed.

Believe it or not, I'm not a hater who wants to shit on everything. I honestly want this show to end amazingly as I've put far too much time into watching and contemplating it's outcome. But, as it stands now, it's a great story that went from not giving a fuck to a story that only exists to please it's audience.

5 hours ago, Justafan said:

I hated it and I fucking loved it.  Whatever else it was (and I hate that Danny became the predictable mad queen) it was epic.  The way mountain crushed Qyburn's skull, the fight with Jamie and Euron, the Dragon just wasting the city.  I've hated the way this thing went down but damn if that wasn't awesome.  

It was definitely incredible visually and a really fun episode!

4 hours ago, Justafan said:

I'm still hoping Tyrion ends up on the throne somehow.  

At this point it kinda has to be Tyrion and Arya ruling at the end as the writers have overtly and obviously favored their existence and survival. They MUST have divine providence to escape multiple unbelievably impossible scenarios....

Edited by woolfolksunclesuncle
to tag cenj!