The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

Rewatched it. There can’t be more than 20-30 lines of dialogue in the whole episode. 

On on another note, the military tactics of this episode seem so much worse than any I remember.

still a badass episode. In a way, I’m sorta happy the night king story arc has closed, and we can focus on “real” stuff like taking the throne. Essentially what made the show so interesting in the first place. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Yep. Lol. All these theories about how important he is and the dude was completely useless against his arch nemesis. I loved the action, but man...I have so many questions. 

We knew this was coming. There are so many cool theories and ways to go with Bran and the Night King, but we were never going to get it with D&D writing things.

Bran is overpowered, so they ignore his ability so it doesn't mess up the show. Did you see the post-episode explanations? Their reasoning was hilarious. The knew they wanted Arya to do it because Jon doing it "didn't feel right." These guys don't have complex plans.

4 minutes ago, Opus74 said:

Have to admit my ignorance.  This was the first and only episode I've ever watched so it didn't make much sense.

Lord of the Rings meets Revenge of the Sith with a side order of Walking Dead.

Not exactly enthralled..even the gore was weak but I can see how you could get addicted.

No point in watching starting from the end of the show. You need to watch it all in order and built to this point.

1 minute ago, cenj said:

We knew this was coming. There are so many cool theories and ways to go with Bran and the Night King, but we were never going to get it with D&D writing things.

Bran is overpowered, so they ignore his ability so it doesn't mess up the show. Did you see the post-episode explanations? Their reasoning was hilarious. The knew they wanted Arya to do it because Jon doing it "didn't feel right." These guys don't have complex plans.

Bran isn’t overpowered next to the NK. He might be close to all knowing but he has no power in a fight.

And it makes perfect sense that they wouldn’t make it Jon. He is the obvious choice. Better to subvert that.

If not Jon or Arya then who else would it have been? Theon? Sam?

One thing is for certain. The Lord of Light was certainly not choosing any of you cocksucking whining ass complaining never-satisfied fuckwits to be the prince or princess that was promised. Fucking couch potato directors. Why don't you go show em how it's done since you're such god damn experts on this shit?

My only remaining questions for now...

How did Arya sneak last 40 White Walkers and a thousand or so wights that were in a circle around the Night King/Bran?

How did she get so much air on her jump?

And how can the night king turn around with absurd superhuman speed and grab her by the throat, but not stop Arya from dropping a knife with one hand, catching it with her other hand, and stabbing him?

Edited by TitansFan777

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

And it makes perfect sense that they wouldn’t make it Jon. He is the obvious choice. Better to subvert that.

If not Jon or Arya then who else would it have been? Theon? Sam?

My point is how basic their reasoning is for their writing decisions. Jon is obvious -- let's make it Arya because that's less predictable. That's apparently as deep as they go.

You know what else wasn't predictable? Ned Stark getting beheaded. The Red wedding. Tyrion sobering up and becoming the hand of the king. A child pushed out window, and us eventually cheering for the guy who did it. 

The story lacks creativity now. The Night King was made into a cliche evil character with almost no explanation or development. They wanted the moment of suspense with him nearly killing Bran, so they made everything else fit whether it made sense or not. All the main characters were on the front lines, yet most survived, despite being literally backs to the wall with Walker hordes coming nonstop. Arya sneaks up on Night King, yelling, somehow tricks him with a goofy stab.

Good action episode, almost entirely predictable though, and consequences really don't factor in anymore. 

Edited by cenj

2 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

My only remaining questions for now...

How did Arya sneak last 40 White Walkers and a thousand or so wights that were in a circle around the Night King/Bran?

Valedictorian of assassin school...

How did she get so much air on her jump?

Fair question. Just filmed for dramatic effect.

And how can the night king turn around with absurd superhuman speed and grab her by the throat, but not stop a knife from switching hands?

The NK probably saw her coming because his minions saw her run past them. Like Bran seeing through the ravens.

As for his reflexes, he has never displayed super speed reflexes before. She just surprised him. It simply dropped and she grabbed it and stabbed.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

As for his reflexes, he has never displayed super speed reflexes before. She just surprised him. It simply dropped and she grabbed it and stabbed.

IIRC, he disarmed and stabbed Theon in insane speed, and didn’t even turn around until Arya was mid-flight less than a few feet behind him, yet still caught her by the throat. 

...just thought it seemed like he had obscenely good superhuman reflexes.

1 minute ago, cenj said:

My point is how basic their reasoning is for their writing decisions. Jon is obvious -- let's make it Arya because that's less predictable. That's apparently as deep as they go.

As I asked, what was a better ending? Who else should have done it?

1 minute ago, cenj said:

You know end else wasn't predictable? Ned Stark getting beheaded. The Red wedding. Tyrion sobering up and becoming the hand of the king. A child pushed out window, and us eventually cheering for the guy who did it. 

The story lacks creativity now. The Night King was made into a cliche evil character with almost no explanation or development. They wanted the moment of suspense with him nearly killing Bran, so they made everything else fit whether it made sense or not. All the main characters were on the front lines, yet most survived, despite being literally backs to the wall with Walker hordes coming nonstop. 

Good action episode, almost entirely predictable though, and consequences really don't factor in anymore. 

They are getting to the end of the tale. There is less predictability left for them to subvert. Good has to defeat evil in the end and GRRM isn’t going to deviate from that either. 

People are going to attack D&D for years for being predictable and then they will eventually get the books that show that GRRM is going to do the same damned thing, just in more detail.

Or maybe not. Maybe he will die before he finishes it and the fanboys will claim it was ruined by his successor. Maybe that’s his best way out. Just don’t finish it and people will think his ending would have been way better than what they got...

1 minute ago, TitansFan777 said:

IIRC, he disarmed and stabbed Theon in insane speed, and didn’t even turn around until Arya was mid-flight less than a few feet behind him, yet still caught her by the throat. 

...just thought it seemed like he had obscenely good superhuman reflexes.

Even a good human fighter could have disarmed Theon. He just charged in predictably.