The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

Let me first say I liked the episode.

But..

The bigger deal is she was never sexual at all .. then all of a sudden they throw it in the story arch. Doesn’t matter what her story was before ... they just flipped a switch for her. 

So disagree with my premise but there are multiple real reasons people were put off by the scene. 

All of a sudden sexual, not attractive, supposed child?, forced, cheesy line, watched her grow, after effects side boob sculpting... etc.

unless she somehow got preggers...it added nothing to the show and felt a ton like something the writers used to get people chatting / forcing nudity / forced quick character development. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Let me first say I liked the episode.

But..

The bigger deal is she was never sexual at all .. then all of a sudden they throw it in the story arch. Doesn’t matter what her story was before ... they just flipped a switch for her. 

So disagree with my premise but there are multiple real reasons people were put off by the scene. 

All of a sudden sexual, not attractive, supposed child?, forced, cheesy line, watched her grow, after effects side boob sculpting... etc.

unless she somehow got preggers...it added nothing to the show and felt a ton like something the writers used to get people chatting / forcing nudity / forced quick character development. 

Arya and Gendry weren’t sexual before, but they had a relationship that looked like it could lead there.

And it’s not like she had much opportunity since then, being with Sandor and joining the Faceless Men and murdering Freys.

She is an 18 year old woman who is attracted to Gendry, and yes she is headed to a battle she may not survive. It is perfectly fitting.

54 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The forgotten opposite of Arya's story is Sansa. Is she in love with Theon? Would it be fitting that after brutal rape at the hands of Ramsey she would be more comfortable with a unic?

Also “all of a sudden in love”

Just now, Starkiller said:

Arya and Gendry isn’t “all of a sudden”

As for Sansa, it may or may not be love. Regardless, they have a bond from when he saved her from Ramsey.

Yeah it kinda is. 

And yeah the Sansa story is forced. 

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

The forgotten opposite of Arya's story is Sansa. Is she in love with Theon? Would it be fitting that after brutal rape at the hands of Ramsey she would be more comfortable with a unic?

Maybe. Or maybe she'd be more comfortable with Tyrion. That'd be a hell of an ironic twist for Tyrion to wind up with the girl his father forced him to marry.

17 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Yeah it kinda is. 

And yeah the Sansa story is forced. 

I think you should go back and re-watch their (Arya & Gendry) scenes in seasons 2 & 3. I knew she felt some kind of way about him back then. It may not have been sexual at that point, but he obviously meant a lot to her and her to him.

Imo, there's no Sansa/Theon romance. There's common ground between them because they both suffered severely at the hands of Ramsay and that he eventually saved her from Ramsay and even sacrificed himself to try and throw Ramsay's men off her trail. Besides that they basically grew up together, like family. She hadn't seen him since they parted ways at the end of season 5, which in the show's timeline was probably at least a year or two.

I don't understand what you see about it that's forced.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

19 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Imo, there's no Sansa/Theon romance. There's common ground between them because they both suffered severely at the hands of Ramsay and that he eventually saved her from Ramsay and even sacrificed himself to try and throw Ramsay's men off her trail. Besides that they basically grew up together, like family. She hadn't seen him since they parted ways at the end of season 5, which in the show's timeline was probably at least a year or two.

I’m not sure about a romance, much less about Theon surviving. 

But if you watch during Pod singing Jenny’s Song, it’s almost entirely couples together (Ser Jorah of the Friendzone being the only exception). Sansa and Theon were making some pretty significant looks at each other that would not be strange to see from a romantic couple. 

45 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I think you should go back and re-watch their (Arya & Gendry) scenes in seasons 2 & 3. I knew she felt some kind of way about him back then. It may not have been sexual at that point, but he obviously meant a lot to her and her to him.

I don't understand what you see about it that's forced.

I’ll watch early scenes again 

it’s forced with Sansa if they mean it to be a romance thing