The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

11 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Yeah I agree, I think folks are just pushing back on the idea that the army at Winterfell RIGHT NOW wouldn't be able to take King's Landing. That army against King's Landing would be a total slaughter. Dothraki and unsullied would barely break a sweat

Exactly.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

There is no doubt in my mind that the Night King is a Stark and that there is some sort of ancient truce/agreement between the Night King and humans/the children/etc. And that the Night King being on the move now has to do with Ned being killed and Winterfell being sacked.

Something Bran said in the ep undercuts that idea. He said the Night King has tried to kill many different Three Eyed Ravens many different times. So maybe it’s less about the Starks and more about the 3ER.

Of course, that also begs the question of a how many 3ERs have there been and did the Children create them, too?

Edited by Starkiller

16 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Sadly, those Dothraki numbers are going to get shredded this week. 

But then come back as undead Dothraki? Zombie Dothraki and Unsullied, as the battle continues, could be a brutal enemy.

Edited by Starkiller

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

There is no doubt in my mind that the Night King is a Stark and that there is some sort of ancient truce/agreement between the Night King and humans/the children/etc. And that the Night King being on the move now has to do with Ned being killed and Winterfell being sacked.

I'm actually hoping that's the case. It would really be an interesting story point.

My fear is that he's a deep complex character in the books if he shows up but then the show just turns him into some vague bland ultra evil to kill.

I'm down with the NK being a Stark, in fact I love the idea but...  He was already mobilizing the troops before Ned lost his head.  Very first episode had Ned removing the head of someone fleeing the undead.  

The walkers came back and were harrying the wildlings before Ned was killed.

2 minutes ago, MadMax said:

I'm down with the NK being a Stark, in fact I love the idea but...  He was already mobilizing the troops before Ned lost his head.  Very first episode had Ned removing the head of someone fleeing the undead.  

I think fans want there to be some secret connection to the Others when all signs points to the simple fact the NK wants revenge on the living for what the children of the forest did to him. It seems pretty clear based on what Bran laid out last week. Its a basic evil undead guy wants to destroy the world story in the show with the second major arc being the fight for the Iron Throne.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

The walkers came back and were harrying the wildlings before Ned was killed.

True, and I left out the full explanation of my theory. The White Walkers got all WOKE because of the rise of magic in general - dragons, red priests and priestesses, etc. But what caused them to really start to go on the move and want to wipe shit out is due to the ending/violation of some ancient pact/magic, that somehow involves the Starks.

And that the dragons being born is a reaction to the White Walkers rising and going on the move.

Because at the end of the day, the White Walkers never went anywhere. They were always up there chillin, and taking babies from that weird wildling and making more white walkers. But then all of a sudden they got stirred up and went on the march towards the wall, and that arguably coincided with shit going down at Winterfell.

Something I just thought of too it seems fitting Theon is going to be with Bran to confront the Night King - Theon may be the one responsible for the White Walkers being stirred up or whatever, by causing the sacking of Winterfell.

13 hours ago, Rogue said:

Or she's made into the Night Queen.  I'm not sure what purpose that might serve but it would be an interesting twist.  And give Jaime a final arc, assuming he survives Winterfell.  

I'm still on the boat the NK is heading to KL.  It makes more sense to me that the Iron Throne isn't the final conflict, especially given only three episodes to figure it out.  They can stretch out the NK conflict this way, and since the whole thing started with WW, it seems only fitting that's how it ends. 

This would be pretty cool if they can make it make sense.  Cersei is already pretty evil by nearly all standards/perspectives and surrounds herself with a de-chained necromancing, torturing maester and her own zombie body guard.

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I think fans want there to be some secret connection to the Others when all signs points to the simple fact the NK wants revenge on the living for what the children of the forest did to him. It seems pretty clear based on what Bran laid out last week. Its a basic evil undead guy wants to destroy the world story in the show with the second major arc being the fight for the Iron Throne.

True, and they were just biding their time this whole time making more little white walkers and waiting for the perfect time to strike. 

1 minute ago, Legaltitan said:

True, and I left out the full explanation of my theory. The White Walkers got all WOKE because of the rise of magic in general - dragons, red priests and priestesses, etc. But what caused them to really start to go on the move and want to wipe shit out is due to the ending/violation of some ancient pact/magic, that somehow involves the Starks.

And that the dragons being born is a reaction to the White Walkers rising and going on the move.

Because at the end of the day, the White Walkers never went anywhere. They were always up there chillin, and taking babies from that weird wildling and making more white walkers. But then all of a sudden they got stirred up and went on the march towards the wall, and that arguably coincided with shit going down at Winterfell.

Something I just thought of too it seems fitting Theon is going to be with Bran to confront the Night King - Theon may be the one responsible for the White Walkers being stirred up or whatever, by causing the sacking of Winterfell.

The walkers were already moving before Theon sacked winterfell which doesn't really matter as both Bran and Rickon survived.

2 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

This reminds me of that odd passage in the books falling Theon's sack of Winterfell.

(