The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Perhaps someone kills Cersei instead of her new army...

Or she's made into the Night Queen.  I'm not sure what purpose that might serve but it would be an interesting twist.  And give Jaime a final arc, assuming he survives Winterfell.  

I'm still on the boat the NK is heading to KL.  It makes more sense to me that the Iron Throne isn't the final conflict, especially given only three episodes to figure it out.  They can stretch out the NK conflict this way, and since the whole thing started with WW, it seems only fitting that's how it ends. 

6 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Both visions, but one was a memory of what really happened when the Children created the first Walker. He traveled there “spiritually” but he was physically affected by the Night King. 

Yeah but did they ever say where that vision took place? 

Not sure how the logistics would work but for some reason I'm suddenly stuck on the idea that the Golden Company comes up during the battle and they think they're saved until... but then nothing quite send to make sense.

50 minutes ago, reo said:

Yeah but did they ever say where that vision took place? 

If you watch Bran’s 2 visions closely you will see the tree with the spiral of rocks is at the base of Sandor’s “mountain that looks like an arrowhead” they went looking for in season 7. 

So it is definitively north of the Wall. 

6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

If you watch Bran’s 2 visions closely you will see the tree with the spiral of rocks is at the base of Sandor’s “mountain that looks like an arrowhead” they went looking for in season 7. 

So it is definitively north of the Wall. 

Cool. I'll take your word for it.

18 hours ago, reo said:

Sidenote: Is this the tree at Winterfell before there was a castle? Was the Night King created at Winterfell?

Personally I think the Night King, at least in the books, is Brandon of the Bloody Blade. 

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brandon_of_the_Bloody_Blade

Or at least some connection to Bran the Builder

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brandon_Stark_(Builder)

There is no doubt in my mind that the Night King is a Stark and that there is some sort of ancient truce/agreement between the Night King and humans/the children/etc. And that the Night King being on the move now has to do with Ned being killed and Winterfell being sacked.

13 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

There is an Army in King's Landing big enough to win any war against the Army in Winterfell. 

Huh? All the unsullied plus all the dothraki plus the dragons and whatever is left of the northern armies. That's a lot of assets.

I finally watched this episode last night. Much better than the first episode. Tighter writing and just a better episode altogether. 

I have no idea what is getting ready to go down next week. You guys have intrigued me with the idea of the NK going to Winterfell, but it does seem like he would go after Bran. Really don't know.

Whoever talked about the idea that Dany has to make the decision to ignite all the wildfire to save the world but in the process destroy the iron throne she has sought is very good and would bring a lot of things full circle, re her, her dad, prophecies, etc.

18 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Huh? All the unsullied plus all the dothraki plus the dragons and whatever is left of the northern armies. That's a lot of assets.

How many men of the Golden Company made the trip?  Was it 10,000 or 20,000?  I forget..  Either way, there are 100,000 Dothraki screamers.  Dothraki wins.

21 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

the idea that Dany has to make the decision to ignite all the wildfire to save the world but in the process destroy the iron throne she has sought is very good and would bring a lot of things full circle, re her, her dad, prophecies, etc.

I said it. Doubt it was an original idea though. 

Its a game of throneS,  not "game of throne". .. so she could still rule the 7 kingdoms but give up what she wants the most in the iron throne and her pursuit would be tainted and "bittersweet" as both the writers and GRRM said the ending would be. 

Seems to be a recurring theme of these final characters moving towards the end as well.. who is willing to sacrifice the most to save the world or win the game? jon with his true kingdom/love of the north/life/his lady , dany with jon and her life pursuit of the throne, cersei with her incest love/family/child, tyrion has lost everything except jamie - will he give up the respect he's earned but never had when he was with his family?

Any theories on the weapon Arya is having Gendry design?

From the brief look at it, it looks like something that would maybe shoot a spear. My thought was, her being a Faceless Man assassin, her number one goal would be to identify the strongest enemy asset, and then devise the most effective way to eliminate it. Strongest enemy asset is the ice dragon, and so I'm wondering if this weapon of hers is a way to shoot a deargonglass tipped spear long distance to take out the ice dragon, similar to the way the white walkers took out Viseryion. 

23 minutes ago, MadMax said:

How many men of the Golden Company made the trip?  Was it 10,000 or 20,000?  I forget..  Either way, there are 100,000 Dothraki screamers.  Dothraki wins.

Sadly, those Dothraki numbers are going to get shredded this week. 

Jaime even said that Cersei would have enough to swoop in and take out any survivors from the Winterfell battle. Unless the NK goes to King's Landing, this is probably what they're setting up for.

Just now, Jonboy said:

Sadly, those Dothraki numbers are going to get shredded this week. 

Jaime even said that Cersei would have enough to swoop in and take out any survivors from the Winterfell battle. Unless the NK goes to King's Landing, this is probably what they're setting up for.

Yeah I agree, I think folks are just pushing back on the idea that the army at Winterfell RIGHT NOW wouldn't be able to take King's Landing. That army against King's Landing would be a total slaughter. Dothraki and unsullied would barely break a sweat