The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

5 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

It is fascinating to me that we’ve seen almost nothing in the original trailer of what happens after episode 3. Tells me the people/locations/attire would give too much away. 

Can't give away who survives winterfell. It's another reason I think the white walker threat ends next week. They appear to be splitting the season into to 2 parts to address the two main story lines.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Can't give away who survives winterfell. It's another reason I think the white walker threat ends next week. They appear to be splitting the season into to 2 parts to address the two main story lines.

I seriously give way fewer shits about the king's landing story arc than the army of the dead.  I'd be perfectly happy if viserion served up icy death to everything in king's landing in the first 3 minutes of the next episode and all of the rest of the series was about last man standing.  

22 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

It is fascinating to me that we’ve seen almost nothing in the original trailer of what happens after episode 3. Tells me the people/locations/attire would give too much away. 

15 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Or who survives King's Landing 

starting to think they win the battle at winterfell to find that kings landing is fucked and they have to go battle there. 

theres still explosives under the whole city

dany has to burn the city and even the iron throne to save the world. would explain her vision/dream of being in a burnt but frozen throne room

9 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Man, I hate to hear you guys didn't enjoy it. I thought the emotional moments were fantastic considering the journey we've been on with these characters for 8 years now (or 20+ with the books!). Hopefully once the season is complete, you'll be able to look back on this episode and enjoy it more. 

I do think it would've helped if last week wasn't so "meh." The emotional impact from this episode is what we should've had from episode 1, imo. Would've been great if they could've combined the first two episodes and gave us more of the post-Winterfell battle.

Oh, I don't think it was a bad episode. I was just bored with it at this stage because they already had one slow episode of exposition, and they crammed everyone's last moment in another single episode of bye byes. 

If this episode was in another season, I would have been totally fine with it. I'm just kinda emotionally indifferent to many of the characters at this stage. I used to care, when the show was unpredictable and decisions had weight, but we all know at this point that a bunch of characters are going to die next episode. I'm ready to see more of the game part of Game of Thrones. And death. For whatever reasons, I am not emotionally invested in Theon, or Greyworm, or any of those God of light followers. Probably because they dropped the ball on storylines and character development in recent seasons. Now the forced sentiments just fall flat.

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Who cares about anyone in king's landing aside from Cersei? Everyone else of consequence is in winterfell.

There is an Army in King's Landing big enough to win any war against the Army in Winterfell. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

There is an Army in King's Landing big enough to win any war against the Army in Winterfell. 

Uh.  No. Not this week.  I'd feel comfortable sending just the Dothraki to take a dump on what's in king's landing. This week.