The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Yeah, I thought Tormund was about to go right then.

Is there anything in the books about their use of symbols?

Not really. But then we have never really even seen them in the books since the prologue. 

We also saw the same symbol used by the Children in the cave on Dragonstone. 

6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Not really. But then we have never really even seen them in the books since the prologue. 

We also saw the same symbol used by the Children in the cave on Dragonstone. 

Apparently the ep1 symbol was different. But we have seen the spiral a number of times before.

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2019/4/14/18307839/game-of-thrones-white-walker-swirl-symbol-night-king-season-8-episode-1

I'm kind of surprised the episode was just over an hour.  I figured they'd all be on the long side. 

It doesn't seem like much time for Daenerys and Jon to discuss Jon's newfound information.  It doesn't much matter at the moment, but it'll be interesting to see that play out.  I'm kind of guessing Jon keeps it to himself, but at some point it has to be known.  Or maybe not.  Ned kept the secret.  

It's interesting they are going for a battle in episode 2.  Does the North retreat to the south?  

1 minute ago, Rogue said:

I'm kind of surprised the episode was just over an hour.  I figured they'd all be on the long side. 

It doesn't seem like much time for Daenerys and Jon to discuss Jon's newfound information.  It doesn't much matter at the moment, but it'll be interesting to see that play out.  I'm kind of guessing Jon keeps it to himself, but at some point it has to be known.  Or maybe not.  Ned kept the secret.  

It's interesting they are going for a battle in episode 2.  Does the North retreat to the south?  

I think there will be no retreat. Either they defeat the Night King at Winterfell or the rest of Westeros is lost.

And I suspect the Night King arrives at the end of ep2 and the battle is ep3. 

Edited by Starkiller

32 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Apparently the ep1 symbol was different. But we have seen the spiral a number of times before.

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2019/4/14/18307839/game-of-thrones-white-walker-swirl-symbol-night-king-season-8-episode-1

I actually told my wife I thought we'd seen that symbol from somewhere dealing with the children of the forest.  She believes Bran is the Nightking.  

I actually told my wife I thought we'd seen that symbol from somewhere dealing with the children of the forest.  She believes Bran is the Nightking.  

I've heard that theory before, but there would have to be some pretty timebending shit for that to happen. We saw the Children turn one of the First Men into a White Walker (the Night King?) thousands of years ago. Not sure how it could be Bran. Even if he can see the past, how could he physically go back in time?

I think it’s more likely the Night King simply has the power of an ancient greenseer combined with the power given to him via the Children.

9 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I think there will be no retreat. Either they defeat the Night King at Winterfell or the rest of Westeros is lost.

And I suspect the Night King arrives at the end of ep2 and the battle is ep3. 

I can't imagine the battle not taking up more of the season. I mean, this is it.  

I agree it won't happen until the end of the episode, setting up episode 3, but it's early in the season for a rather climatic event...at least for it to be over.  Perhaps they make a long stand at Winterfell, but it has to carry over into multiple episodes.  

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I don't think so

She's wanted the throne more than anyone 

Yea, I've thought for awhile now that she's a villain. The show has at times tried to present her as someone to cheer for, but if you just think about her character's actions and motivations, she's a pretty fucked up bad guy. 

She demands obedience. No once can be queen but her, and it's her "right." She kills anyone who resists her and seems to care nothing about human life. She only protected slaves because she was bitter about what happened to her.

Daenerys won't be on the throne. She's shown herself to be a terrible ruler; she's only a bloodthirsty conqueror. 

3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I've heard that theory before, but there would have to be some pretty timebending shit for that to happen. We saw the Children turn one of the First Men into a White Walker (the Night King?) thousands of years ago. Not sure how it could be Bran. Even if he can see the past, how could he physically go back in time?

I think it’s more likely the Night King simply has the power of an ancient greenseer combined with the power given to him via the Children.

I've asked her why she thought that.  I was not given a compelling answer. :) 

I can't imagine the battle not taking up more of the season. I mean, this is it.  

I agree it won't happen until the end of the episode, setting up episode 3, but it's early in the season for a rather climatic event...at least for it to be over.  Perhaps they make a long stand at Winterfell, but it has to carry over into multiple episodes.  

Well there are only 5 episodes left to defeat the Night King and for someone to take the Iron Throne. If the Long Night is ep3 (the longest episode of the full 8 seasons) they still only have 3 eps to go.