The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

1 hour ago, Somedude said:

I have not watched a single trailer. I usually don't care about spoilers but this one I don't want a trailer to even hint as a spoiler.

Everyone dies.

The end.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

As I said, the books are massive because they belabor subjects that could be addressed in shorter order, not because they're chock full of new stuff.

Personal opinion is that removing FAegon renders Varys' and Illyrio's motivations completely bogus. I've had to explain to many people, including some here in this thread, what is going on there and why they're correct something is weird and unexplained ... because the rationale (and rationale for Dorne as well) was simply cut. FAegon ties a whole lot of shit together.

I agree about Varys and Illyrio’s plot from the book being about FAegon. But I suspect you could write off the TV version as being about supporting Viscerys (and later Dany). 

21 hours ago, titanruss said:

Nobody who watches the shows gives a damn about the swords. Thats just for the book junkies. 

But yeah.. Sam should have to answer for stealing it. They could have just avoided it altogether and had somebody grab it at the war when they got burned up.

You don't think it's significant that so many of the known Valyrian Steel swords in Westeros are either in Winterfell already or headed there?

Or that Gendry, a blacksmith who's the son of a king will be there with them?

23 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Gendry also worked for the Kings Landing armorer who melted down Ice and turned it into 2 Valyrian steel swords for Tywin. I wonder if they could melt them both back down and reforge Ice when it’s all over with.

I was trying to think of all the Valyrian Steel that will be there, and it's quite a list.

33 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

You don't think it's significant that so many of the known Valyrian Steel swords in Westeros are either in Winterfell already or headed there?

Or that Gendry, a blacksmith who's the son of a king will be there with them?

I think it’s significant. But nobody cares about the lineage or history or names. Just that they have one 

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Oh, the book nerds care about the lineages and histories of the swords...

Yeah the book nerds do. But the casual HBO viewers don’t. 

I cant tell you how many times I’ve seen these fools cream their pants because someone brought dragons dick or heart bane to a battle scene. 

These swords get like 3 frames. No one cares. Just know they can kill shit other swords can’t. 

On 4/11/2019 at 1:35 PM, Jonboy said:

Ugh. I had removed parts of that Arya plotline from my memory. That was so bad.

"The might of consequences in this world is such that...they create a grounded story with coherent world-building and consistent rules across people and actions."

That article does good job explaining what much of the criticism around here has been for both GOT and Last Jedi. Some people argue that because a story is fantasy, that makes illogical world building and sloppy writing ok. It doesn't. Magic and dragons are fine; you can define whatever world you want. But your rules better be consistent and character actions need to make sense.

Edited by cenj