The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

I wonder how eventful the first episode will be considering it's the last season and only 6 total episodes? In past seasons, the first episodes have been mostly dedicated to setting up the pieces and reconnecting us with the characters. With only 6 episodes left, I wonder if this will feel less like a traditional season premiere?

I certainly hope not. I want action and drama every episode or they kinda messed up, imo. This should be epic at every moment.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I wonder how eventful the first episode will be considering it's the last season and only 6 total episodes? In past seasons, the first episodes have been mostly dedicated to setting up the pieces and reconnecting us with the characters. With only 6 episodes left, I wonder if this will feel less like a traditional season premiere?

Ep1 of every season seems to be a table setting episode, but I doubt they have much time for that this year. I think we can expect to see plenty of big things happen, even if not much of it is action oriented.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:58 AM, Starkiller said:

It was kind of strange hearing Kit’s real accent on SNL. His show accent is patterned after Sean Bean’s. 

I just watched a video of Iain Glen talking about the show and his natural accent really threw me off after hearing him as Jorrah all those years. 

Also, in addition to the accent is the lack of facial scarring and mustache/beard...

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Facial hair is a defining feature. You should see pics of the guy who played Robert Baratheon without his beard...

spacer.png

Hah! Wow.

I've been debating shaving mine that I've had for 5 years now. Always keep it relatively short though.

43 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Facial hair is a defining feature. You should see pics of the guy who played Robert Baratheon without his beard...

Fred, of House Flintstone

MV5BMTI3MTUwNTc2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTAw

He also played Roland in A Knight's Tale. Here he's working on a baby Baratheon beard.

XLHpK7X.jpg

Edited by NashvilleNinja

5 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

The writers have essentially had to learn how to be writers of a story instead of interpreting one. That’s a huge change. They’ve screwed a lot of the small lines up and a couple of the larger arcs as well in terms of main characters making terrible moves and not receiving any consequences. The worst was the dragon episode where Jon was saved, shortly followed by Jaime just walking away after seemingly going to the bottom of a lake after being saved by Bronn. It’s pretty tough to swim in full armor. 

Still, the feel of the show is there and they have a chance at full redemption if they pull it off properly.