Most underrated sports run in history

Brett Favre   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brett Favres 95-98 run top 5 in North American sports history?

• Yes
    • No
    • Nah, but top 10

When people talk about greatness and great sports runs they often talk about Jordan going 6 for 6 in championships. Bill Russell's 11 titles, Tom Brady's Patriots dynasty, Lebron's scoring etc. But I never understood how Brett Favres run from 95-98 isn't talked about more. I think in terms of greatness, numbers etc, it is top 5 greatest sports runs in North American sports history. I don't know how it's not mentioned, not even in the NFL circle. Dude was on fire!! He was putting up modern day numbers. 

Brett Favre:

1995-1997 3x mvp winner 1 Superbowl.

1995: 4,413 passing yards, 38 tds 13 ints. 

1996: 3,899 passing yards, 39 tds 13 ints.

1997: 3,867 passing yards, 35 tds 16 ints.

1998: 4,212 passing yards, 31 tds 23 ints.

By 98 his numbers started to come back down to Earth. He put up big numbers throughout his career, but that stretch was the most consistent stretch. And 3 MVPs. He never really strung together such high yardage and Td to int ratio like that. Not to mention that was the 90s. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking strictly media related, the Spurs basketball dynasty run has to be the most underrated run in history.  I’ve heard many members of the national media talk about the great teams of all time an

You guys gotta stop falling for the RassKass bait LOL

I still think @Jamalisms mom making it through the entire high school football team in a single night is pretty epic.    They don't make women like that anymore.  

Marino passed for 5000 in the 80s, this farv-ru guy sounds like trash. 

Edit: i was to young at the time to comment, but 8 year old me would certainly have said yes. 

Edited by Callidus

1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

I'm hoping Levis has that Favre in him. I like my QBs like my boxers: brawlers. 

I was a huge Favor fan, but I prefer boxers. A great boxer with always defeat a great brawler. Look at how many brawlers Floyd Jr made look silly. From Ricky Hatton, Canelo Alvarez and that massacre that was Arturo Gatti (RIP). 

But yeah I do think Levis is the real deal Holyfield. 

10 minutes ago, Reignman said:

I was a huge Favor fan, but I prefer boxers. A great boxer with always defeat a great brawler. Look at how many brawlers Floyd Jr made look silly. From Ricky Hatton, Canelo Alvarez and that massacre that was Arturo Gatti (RIP). 

There's nothing better than Hatton being covered in blood, nearly beaten to death only to land a flurry of punches and be hoisted as the victor. Sly made an entire career out of it. 

1 hour ago, Reignman said:

Whatever vince

19 minutes ago, titanruss said:

I feel like there was some guys in the NBA during Jordan's years that don't get the credit because of Mike. 

Similar for some fighters and boxers. 

Mahomes actually has a chance to match Jordan's legacy, as he'll very likely have the #1 QB rating of all time AND the most SBs.  Nobody will care about the Kirk Cousins of the league 25 years from now

54 minutes ago, TerryBoats said:

Mahomes actually has a chance to match Jordan's legacy, as he'll very likely have the #1 QB rating of all time AND the most SBs.  Nobody will care about the Kirk Cousins of the league 25 years from now

Well yeah, but the point of the thread is "underrated"

2 hours ago, smokeater said:

Speaking strictly media related, the Spurs basketball dynasty run has to be the most underrated run in history.  I’ve heard many members of the national media talk about the great teams of all time and the Spurs are not even given an honorable mention-just simply forgotten.

If you simply switched out personnel and gave the stats and success of those spurs teams to the knicks or lakers, it would probably be considered one of the greatest dynasties of all time.

They’re not underrated by true basketball people, but more just in national sports awareness.

This is a good one