Big Jeff needs Shipped

3 hours ago, Righteous said:

Last year it was Big Jeff and the Merry Band of Undrafted Free Agents on the DL.  You are failing to see Simmons's impact on those around him.  We will have more talent on the DL after the draft and June 1 cuts.

Crazy that the Merry Band played at the same level without him as they did with him.

That said, I don't think this is the time to trade him.  It's not a retarded idea to consider it, but we have enough holes to fill, we don't need to create more.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is it about this fan base that they would rather have resources to acquire good players than to just actually have good players?

No

Jon Robinson....is that you?

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Yall do realize that Simmons didn't even make the Pro Bowl last year? I realize it's a kinda dumb popularity contest, but it's telling a "top 5 DT" didn't make PB. 

You do realize that Simmons got injured 13 games into the season and went on IR?

Edited by Starkiller

22 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

You do realize that Simmons got injured 13 games into the season and went on IR?

A top 5 DT couldn't make PB after playing til Christmas? holyyy

29 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Crazy that the Merry Band played at the same level without him as they did with him.

That said, I don't think this is the time to trade him.  It's not a retarded idea to consider it, but we have enough holes to fill, we don't need to create more.

Would you trade Simmons for a 1st and Sneed?

I don't know what the equivalent WAR analytic is for football, but Simmons doesn't get us wins like 2 players at other key positions would. A DT is not moving the fucking needle on wins (at his current production.) 

A good starter level corner is better than Simmons for this team. If we could get a starting corner AND even a 2nd round pick, it would be worth it. But go ahead and hang on to your 1990's defensive philosophy and man crush on Big Jeff. 

Just now, TeamRamrod said:

What is it about this fan base that they would rather have resources to acquire good players than to just actually have good players?

Draft picks are exciting!

5 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

I'm not trying to make some miracle discovery. I think this warrants serious discussion. Just like trading Tannehill, Byard, and Henry did. In the end, we got nothing. We've let so many good players walk out the door without extending or trading them. If this org wants to really talk about "sustainability" like they claim, they need to start farming and getting results from yield. It's equally important to know when to sell a stock as it is to know what stock to buy in the first place. 

This isn't nearly the same. Those were old players. Simmons just got his first extension. You don't sell off your assets at the start of a rebuild. You do it before which is why everyone talked about trading all of them.

1 minute ago, TeamRamrod said:

Yeah maybe with the pick we acquire for Big Jeff we can get a player as good as Big Jeff!

Yeah, one who doesn’t get injured and plays like the “supposed” top 5 player!

Total sarcasm. This is a bludgeoning. 

6 hours ago, Justafan said:

Hilariously bad take.

Maybe he should consider one of the reasons Jeff has fallen off is because of the pressure of keeping the team competitive in games it has no business being competitive in. When your offense goes damn near a full season without scoring 30 points the work for the defense tends to trend upward.