Nashville Predators are on a roll

freakingeek

This team took a while to gel but they winning games and are really fun to watch. Great mixture of youth and veteran players and Andrew Burnett has them playing a relentless physical brand of hockey at the perfect time. Great team chemistry. They have been an exceptional team on the road which bodes well for a playoff run. Barry Trotz's first season as an NHL GM is looking like a good one.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This team took a while to gel but they winning games and are really fun to watch. Great mixture of youth and veteran players and Andrew Burnett has them playing a relentless physical brand of hockey a

Have been extremely fun to watch. For a while it looked like they were tanking--and then became the hottest team in the sport. It's certainly more of a longshot that not, but I give them a punchers ch

It'd be insane. I would love to see Trotz get a ring in his first season as GM. He created a deep roster and the team chemistry is amazing. I can see them going on a run.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

This team took a while to gel but they winning games and are really fun to watch. Great mixture of youth and veteran players and Andrew Burnett has them playing a relentless physical brand of hockey at the perfect time. Great team chemistry. They have been an exceptional team on the road which bodes well for a playoff run. Barry Trotz's first season as an NHL GM is looking like a good one.

Have been extremely fun to watch. For a while it looked like they were tanking--and then became the hottest team in the sport. It's certainly more of a longshot that not, but I give them a punchers chance depending on who they match up with in the playoffs because they have the kind of elite goal tending that could win a cup. How insane would that be? 

6 hours ago, Bink said:

Have been extremely fun to watch. For a while it looked like they were tanking--and then became the hottest team in the sport. It's certainly more of a longshot that not, but I give them a punchers chance depending on who they match up with in the playoffs because they have the kind of elite goal tending that could win a cup. How insane would that be? 

It'd be insane. I would love to see Trotz get a ring in his first season as GM. He created a deep roster and the team chemistry is amazing. I can see them going on a run.

I hate the Sharks. Damn that game was satisfying. 

Since we're Preds fans here, I've always kind of loved the fact that my Tennessee rooting interests have always been grounded in the number 9. 

As a kid, obviously the Titans were defined by McNair who was my favorite player. 

In 2010, the Grizzlies signed Tony Allen (Grit and Grind grizzlies) 

Then Forsberg comes along to Nashville in 2013. 

Safe to say 9 has become my favorite number. 

3 hours ago, Bink said:

I hate the Sharks. Damn that game was satisfying. 

Since we're Preds fans here, I've always kind of loved the fact that my Tennessee rooting interests have always been grounded in the number 9. 

As a kid, obviously the Titans were defined by McNair who was my favorite player. 

In 2010, the Grizzlies signed Tony Allen (Grit and Grind grizzlies) 

Then Forsberg comes along to Nashville in 2013. 

Safe to say 9 has become my favorite number. 

I went to the game last night and seeing the speed that we have on this team first hand was awesome. They get get stronger and faster as the game progresses so by the third period they were cranking. When Zucker and Beauvillier acclimate, this team will be a force to be reckoned with. Forsberg has matured  as a player and his puck handling skill is next to none. That shot and the speed that he plays with are deadly. I believe this team is as good as the team that won the president's trophy and they are still developing as a unit. I let me season tickets go about 4 years ago but I'll be attending some more games this year. I'm reaaly pumped about our guys.  

3 hours ago, freakingeek said:

I went to the game last night and seeing the speed that we have on this team first hand was awesome. They get get stronger and faster as the game progresses so by the third period they were cranking. When Zucker and Beauvillier acclimate, this team will be a force to be reckoned with. Forsberg has matured  as a player and his puck handling skill is next to none. That shot and the speed that he plays with are deadly. I believe this team is as good as the team that won the president's trophy and they are still developing as a unit. I let me season tickets go about 4 years ago but I'll be attending some more games this year. I'm reaaly pumped about our guys.  

To my relatively novice and probably prejudice eye, this is the best team I've seen since watching hockey on a regular basis. 

On 3/23/2024 at 6:48 PM, MadMax said:

There may be something special going on here.

There is absolutely something special going on here and this comes from someone who has paid close attention and was a STH for most of their time in Nashville. The perfect mix of youth and experience and outstanding team chemistry is amazing. Trotz has his fingerprints all over this team.

19 minutes ago, MadMax said:

And they reel off another win.  A big, impressive win.

Major understatement. Down 3-0 early, a recipe for a letdown game and to phone it in with the foregone conclusion the streak is over. 

Not this team. I don't think people realize for much of the early part of this season the narrative was to trade a generational goalie and tank. We are now just for games back of a hosting a playoff series as the 4 seed--with the best winning streak the franchise has ever seen. 

The Josi goal in OT was beautiful. 

17 hours ago, MadMax said:

Oh well.  They had to serve up a steamer eventually.

Arizona was a faster and better team last night. A wakeup call is not a bad thing if it doesn't become a trend. Afterall, it was a wakeup call when the Stars kicked their ass at Bridgestone and it started the 18 game point streak. 

37 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

Arizona was a faster and better team last night. A wakeup call is not a bad thing if it doesn't become a trend. Afterall, it was a wakeup call when the Stars kicked their ass at Bridgestone and it started the 18 game point streak. 

My thoughts exactly.  I don't care if they serve up the occasional steamer if they come back with a streak.  Well worth it.   But boy, does it ever blow as it happens.

I'm just glad Bruno finally decided to insert Lankinen or the Coyotes would still be scoring.   Aye carumba.

Posted (edited)

The losing streak was bound to happen. It was a market correction. I am glad that it's over. They played pretty well last night against a really desperate Blues team and got the 2 points. Time to get our mojo back into form. I'd love to see us break 100 points on the season. 8 games to go!

Edited by freakingeek