WR Room 2024 offense - Levis Effect

9 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

The weapons and expected play design/calling should be fine.  The issue is whether they can fix the tackle spots and ideally have Radunz push Brunskill at RG.  If that happens, it's up to Levis or Rudolph to hold up their end of the deal.

Rudolph? Lol. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still want Burks to get a chance here but it's now or never.

If I’m Callahan, there’s no way I’d trade him right now. He has minimal trade value but still plenty of upside even if he never lives up to his 1st round pick status.

I’m not thinking Dowell will be recovered til maybe next year. December surgery

Burks's injuries obviously put him behind, but he's still a guy with upside on a rookie deal. We'd get maybe a 5th for him at this point. Why bother? See if you can get something out of him. If he can't produce with DHop and Ridley out there...then he just won't be anyone. It happens, but I don't see much value in trading him. 

We'll almost certainly draft a WR or two as well. IF we can get OT with the 7th pick, we likely will. If both are gone, there's your WR. But there are some intriguing guys in the second as well, and fliers on later round WRs are common enough. 

7 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Rudolph? Lol. 

Given the durability issues, it's a safe bet Rudolph gets meaningful snaps.  Not to mention whatever gap exists between the two isn't anywhere near as massive as your dumb ass thinks it is.

2 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Given the durability issues, it's a safe bet Rudolph gets meaningful snaps.  Not to mention whatever gap exists between the two isn't anywhere near as massive as your dumb ass thinks it is.

I'm not a big Rudolph fan, but the anointing of Levis is bordering on that of Mettenberger back in the day.  I suspect Callahan is going to give him the reigns to sink or swim, but this is the year.  If he sinks, we aren't going to spend 3 more years trying to determine if he can be the guy.  

Levis and Mett aren’t comparable.

Levis may not pan out, but he’s the guy. He’s the franchise QB until he isn’t. 

Rudolph is the backup and has zero chance to be a franchise QB. He had his chance and he isn’t it. He’s an emergency fill in like pretty much all veteran backups. 

8 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

I'm not a big Rudolph fan, but the anointing of Levis is bordering on that of Mettenberger back in the day.  I suspect Callahan is going to give him the reigns to sink or swim, but this is the year.  If he sinks, we aren't going to spend 3 more years trying to determine if he can be the guy.  

We are drafting at 7 and are not making any moves for a QB. If anyone annoited him it's the team. No way they wouldn't come out of that 7 pick or trade up if they didn't think he was the guy...and yeah he's head and shoulders above Rudolph, seeing as he's actually talented.

Just now, Starkiller said:

Levis and Mett aren’t comparable.

Levis may not pan out, but he’s the guy. He’s the franchise QB until he isn’t. 

Rudolph is the backup and has zero chance to be a franchise QB. He had his chance and he isn’t it. He’s an emergency fill in like pretty much all veteran backups. 

The only people you will see mention Rudolph as anything else are the Tannestans. 

4 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

Yes and no. Success and failure usually isn't that obvious.  Vince young, Locker and Mariota all had games where they looked like IT and then many more when not.  I think they will give him this year and they have made a determination to build around him and treat him like the franchise QB this year.  That could change -  if this year is really bad they could cut and run.   But it would have to be pretty obvious. More likely- he gets a year or two.   Then it will be as much as about team success as his success.  BC if he looks bad AND the team loses a lot in two years-  this coaching staff likely don't get another shot. 

So Callahan had to come into this team feeling like Levis is going to be it or he needed to look elswhere. Their fates are pretty well locked together. 

12 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

We are drafting at 7 and are not making any moves for a QB. If anyone annoited him it's the team. No way they wouldn't come out of that 7 pick or trade up if they didn't think he was the guy...and yeah he's head and shoulders above Rudolph, seeing as he's actually talented.

We've drafted QBs in the top 3 rounds in two consecutive drafts.  Levis has earned this year, but if you think he's earned more than that at this point, you're an idiot.  He gets the year and if he can't handle or perform, we'll move on.  To say he's head and shoulder above Rudolph is premature since he looked pretty average after game 1.  I'm hopeful, but far from impressed at this point.  Hopefully this year will change that. 

4 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

We've drafted QBs in the top 3 rounds in two consecutive drafts.  Levis has earned this year, but if you think he's earned more than that at this point, you're an idiot.  He gets the year and if he can't handle or perform, we'll move on.  To say he's head and shoulder above Rudolph is premature since he looked pretty average after game 1.  I'm hopeful, but far from impressed at this point.  Hopefully this year will change that. 

Far from impressed. 

If that's how the team felt we would 100% be doing everything we could to secure a QB. It isn't debatable. 

It's hard to grade Levis based upon his play last year due to not knowing how much the "trade him for two 1st round picks" coach the Titans had last year throttled him back.

Last season allowed the fans to see that Levis wasn't a Willis level QB.

25 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

It's hard to grade Levis based upon his play last year due to not knowing how much the "trade him for two 1st round picks" coach the Titans had last year throttled him back.

Last season allowed the fans to see that Levis wasn't a Willis level QB.

Correct on all fronts. Vrabel did throttle him down, but I don't blame him for that. The kid had some highlight throws, 2 specifically in the Miami game that I personally don't think any other QB can make. 

He also decided to hit a 330 DT in the endzone after an interception. 

He's a mixed bag for sure, but the talent is there in spades and the team obviously believes it's in their best interest to see how it unfolds. If they didn't then we would be drafting a QB. 

8 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Far from impressed. 

If that's how the team felt we would 100% be doing everything we could to secure a QB. It isn't debatable. 

Except it is.  Again, moving up to take a QB in round two typically means he's got the front office buy in, and an up and down rookie season doesn't change that.  Stroud was impressive.  If the front office is as confident in Levis as Houston is Stroud, they are idiots.