Titans Free Agency Signings/Rumors Compilations

6 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

So do you believe that multiple receivers that win quickly on the outside can help with pass protection? I really feel that they can upgrade significantly at LT without using the number 7 pick (Daly and Dillard were horrible). A significant upgrade at LT along with multiple WRs that win on the outside as well as an upgraded staff that knows how to game plan fixes the pass protection issue in my eyes. Plus we have to believe Cushenberry will also be a significant upgrade which will allow Levis a good pocket to step up. We all know there was nowhere for him to go last year.

I think that receivers getting open quickly helps but it helps indirectly and isn't a cure all. Against elite rushers, even the best receivers aren't going to uncover quickly enough to prevent a sack. Also, while good receivers can indeed uncover quickly, that will only really apply to shorter routes. As we should know well, intermediate routes still take time to develop and even moreso if we're talking about the explosive deep balls that requires 5-7 step drops. You need good pass pro for that. Relying o receivers to solve pass pro issues is a recipe for disaster in games vs good secondaries and good pass rushers. I think we'd be playing a dangerous game getting cute with the LT position. Nabers is great but what happens if we can't protect Levis long enough for him to get the deep ball off? 

Edited by Mythos27

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So far we have: Re-Signed LS Morgan Cox 1 year, $1,377,500 contract $157,500 signing bonus $1,152,500 guaranteed Re-Signed K Nick Folk  1 year, $3,755,000

This muthafucka is like herpes!

The Titans would be totally justified going OT at 7 and 38

Posted Images

Joe Alt is almost too mint. I'm a Nabers truther, but Alt is Sewell level.

Solid run blocker and cleans everything up in pass pro.

This guy is 6'8 320lbs and was 90th percentile for the 40 yard dash, 93rd percentile for the shuttle and 97th percentile for the 3-cone.

As per RAS he was 12th! out of 1306 OTs scored via athletic testing.

He won't be there at 7. And he shouldn't. He's a top 3 player in this class.

I'm kinda shocked some posters are arguing a "they'll just figure something out" approach to LT.

It's one the most important positions after QB, and notoriously one of the most difficult to solve because there are only so many humans that size on that planet. 

It's not going to just fix itself.

8 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I think that receivers getting open quickly helps but it helps indirectly and isn't a cure all. Against elite rushers, even the best receivers aren't going to uncover quickly enough to prevent a sack. Also, while good receivers can indeed uncover quickly, that will only really apply to shorter routes. As we should know well, intermediate routes still take time to develop and even moreso if we're talking about the explosive deep balls that requires 5-7 step drops. You need good pass pro for that. Relying o receivers to solve pass pro issues is a recipe for disaster in games vs good secondaries and good pass rushers. I think we'd be playing a dangerous game getting cute with the LT position. Nabers is great but what happens if we can't protect Levis long enough for him to get the deep ball off? 

I get where you are going, I just feel we can upgrade LT without using the #7 pick. We have already made a huge upgrade with the OL coach. However, if Alt is the pick. I will not be upset.

Edited by BeedoeLaw

14 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

That's why it would be so fun the Alt no matter whaters vs the Nabers truthers.

Honestly I would be disappointed if they passed on Nabers but Alt is a pretty good consolation prize.

Killer instinct isn't something you can teach but if they can get Alt to just play a little angry he could be absolutely great. But I can see the allure of nabers, if he can come close to his college tape he should be elite elite.

That said I doubt we will have our pick of the two

1 minute ago, cenj said:

I'm kinda shocked some posters are arguing a "they'll just figure something out" approach to LT.

It's one the most important positions after QB, and notoriously one of the most difficult to solve because there are only so many humans that size on that planet. 

It's not going to just fix itself.

I've never understood the "its more fun to draft a weapon" phenotype.

Trenches all day long.

6 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

I get where you are going, I just feel we can upgrade LT without using the #7 pick. We have already made a huge upgrade with the OL coach. However, if Alt is the pick. I will not be upset.

If we take Nabers I'll hope hard as fuck that we can solve LT some other way. The excitement of the Nabers pick would help. Sitting here completely sober right now, I just can't see the solution logically. 

4 minutes ago, stormi said:

I've never understood the "its more fun to draft a weapon" phenotype.

Trenches all day long.

Same reason most fans don't like defense. It takes more knowledge of the game to appreciate.

4 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Same reason most fans don't like defense. It takes more knowledge of the game to appreciate.

I think it's more than OL players don't make plays that excite you on gameday. Hard to get jacked up about a beautiful reach block when the RB burst through the hole for 35+.

12 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

If we take Nabers I'll hope hard as fuck that we can solve LT some other way. The excitement of the Nabers pick would help. Sitting here completely sober right now, I just can't see the solution logically. 

I'm in the same boat. I couldn't be mad if we went nabers, or odunze for that matter. But as pumped as I would be hoping they fix that LT spot with a bandaid or a latter pick is very iffy to me. 

The hype around this tackle class I think is misleading people. There is tons of talent in it for sure but outside the top 4 most either aren't sure fire plug and play guys or have some serious work to do to fix problems. 

Paul is a great example. He's good, but he has serious problems with guys getting inside his arms. That is certainly fixable but if they trotted him out there day one any rusher with good hands and body control could eat him alive. 

Edited by Callidus
I can't type for shit

6 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I think it's more than OL players don't make plays that excite you on gameday. Hard to get jacked up about a beautiful reach block when the RB burst through the hole for 35+.

Very true. But doesn't that fit into my takes more understanding of the game comment? If you don't know better you think what an amazing run. If you do know what you are watching you know fatty just threw the DE into a linebacker opening a massive hole Earl Campbell could drive his golf cart through 

Edited by Callidus

2 minutes ago, Callidus said:

I'm in the same boat. I couldn't be made of we went nabers, or odunze for that matter. But as pumped as I would be hoping they fix that LT spot with a bandaid or a latter pick is very iffy to me. 

The hype around this tackle class I think is misleading people. There is tons of talent in it for sure but outside the top 4 most either aren't sure fire plug and play guys or have some serious work to do to fix problems. 

Paul is a great example. He's good, but he has serious problems with guys getting inside his arms. That is certainly fixable but if they trotted him out there day one any rusher with good hands and body control could eat him alive. 

Well said. If we needed an heir apparent that could sit or develop slowly until next year then this would be a fantastic draft to take an OT in the 2nd maybe even 3rd (we still have to remember that non 1st round tackle almost never work out). Our issue is we need a day one starter, there aren't many of them, and they'll be long gone by #38 unless something weird happens.