Titans sign Chargers LB Kenneth Murray

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What did Wilson say.. he would blitz his grandmother.. I suspect this guy has a specific role in Wilson’s scheme

Attempt at some optimism here…   https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/kenneth-murrays-2024-free-agency-contract-projection/ar-BB1i1yjs   It’s unfortunate to be a defensive first-ro

Posted Images

@Face is going to love this guy. He's basically a smaller version of Rashaan Evans. 

I don't mind it tbh. You all were crooning over Isiah Simmons...this guy is a very similar player athletically* 

Edited: rns brings up a good point that their athleticism doesn't translate the same way at all. Simmons is good in space and this guy isn't. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

At this point I have a little optimism in the player, but unless the money we are seeing is something of a smokescreen it seems like they paid way too much.

Maybe the deal is more backloaded and it’s not as expensive as it seems? Maybe the “guaranteed money” isn’t truly guaranteed and it’s in the 2nd year? We'll see…

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

At this point I have a little optimism in the player, but unless the money we are seeing is something of a smokescreen it seems like they paid way too much.

Maybe the deal is more backloaded and it’s not as expensive as it seems? Maybe the “guaranteed money” isn’t truly guaranteed and it’s in the 2nd year? We'll see…

Yep. Wilson must have seen something he loved about him because I don't get it. He does have a very similar athletic profile to Isiah Simmons though. 

5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yep. Wilson must have seen something he loved about him because I don't get it. He does have a very similar athletic profile to Isiah Simmons though. 

Wilson said he wants an attacking defense. And the kid does seem to fit that scheme. I just question the money. 

22 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don't mind it tbh. You all were crooning over Isiah Simmons...this guy is a very similar player. 

As someone who watched a bunch of Clemson games when he was playing, Simmons had a way better skill set in terms of coverage/versatility.

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

As someone who watched a bunch of Clemson games when he was playing, Simmons had a way better skill set in terms of coverage/versatility.

Yep. Not arguing against that at all. Murray is made more for downhill behind the line type of defense and apparently was completely lost in space. Seems like our ILB won't be asked to do a lot of coverage.

ETA I see I said similar player. That's my bad. I meant in terms of athleticism and not play style. Poor choice of words. Their RAS are really similar though. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

While I am not the biggest fan of the Murray signing, it is very clear that they have athletic traits that they are looking for. Which is a welcome change and shows they have a vision for what they are looking for. 

From reading around it seems like he was miscast and not used to his strengths once Staley got there. Seems like he could be our “Patrick Queen” in this defense used as a missile to fly around be field, especially on blitzes. 

No doubt this explains the interest in Reader and Armstead, as they will need some large guys up front to occupy blockers for players of Murray’s type to be able to excel. 

Also think we likely add a bruiser LB to serve next to him in wave 2 of free agency. Someone like Wagner or David might be the kind of player to help guide a young LB role see

Here’s to hoping this one works out!!

I don't mind it. Curious who they pair him with at ILB. Queen really took off in Balt when they got a good ILB to pair with him.